Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 02:27 AM   #31
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
If we are all still here in a couple of years. Ah, well, I hear Atlanta is awful that time of year.
I hear Atlanta is bad year around

You know, I just might be able to go, I doubt it though. Me and my family are planning a vacation in October, We plan on going to Tennesee, maybe I could convince them to go down to Atlanta, I doubt it though.

It would be rather odd to have a 14 year old there anyway, no?

[ 08-27-2002, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-27-2002, 04:54 AM   #32
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

According to mapquest, the trip total mileage is only 4,316.56 miles, and 74.3 hrs. head east, hang a south at souix falls, aim thru nashville at hotlanta - no prob.

timeline is all im lacking! (okay, okay, some claim im lacking alot more than that, but that's another topic alltogether.)

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 08-27-2002, 05:55 AM   #33
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Atlanta is about the only city I COULD make it to. I live just a little over 100 miles away. But my wife would have to "babysit" all three boys by herself for me to make it.

So, I'd have to be listed as doubtful, but I could always try to do some "sweet talk". Also, DragonMage lives very close to Atlanta. Maybe she and her hubby could make it too.

Keep me posted as to When and Where and I'll see what I can do.
Cerek, I hadn't noticed that you lived in North Carolina. Where abouts? I've spent sometime in Asheville (Basketball tournament - Go Bucs!, great BBQ restaurant and some of that very strange line dancing stuff) and Rocky Mount (St Patricks day - very strange with not an Irishman in sight). [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-27-2002, 09:35 AM   #34
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Cerek, I hadn't noticed that you lived in North Carolina. Where abouts? I've spent sometime in Asheville (Basketball tournament - Go Bucs!, great BBQ restaurant and some of that very strange line dancing stuff) and Rocky Mount (St Patricks day - very strange with not an Irishman in sight). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey Donut,

I live about 110 miles west of Asheville. I put that in bold because most people east of Asheville think it is the last town in the state. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My hometown is a little place called Murphy. We are in the very teeny tip of NC, right next to TN (20 miles) and GA (15 miles). We jokingly say we live "About 2 hours from Everywhere". We're about 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Asheville, 2 hours from Knoxville, and 2 hours from Chattanooga (TN).

We even have a national bike race called "The About 2 Hours From Everywhere Race". It's sponsored by the hospital I used to work for.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:50 AM   #35
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I would love to go, but I'm on the other side of the @#$% world.

Still, I think it's a GREAT idea - a lot of us have met amongst ourselves already in Europe, in Australia, in the US...I think it's quite amazing, really. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Speaking of which, wanna have a beer sometime Memnoch?
Old 08-27-2002, 10:31 AM   #36
Link
Jack Burton

Weeh! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I bet you all want to see me, don't you? Especially Ziroc, perhaps, to take a good look at the ignorant babbling little boy from Holland who is always such a pain in the a**! Anyway; maybe we should have a Dutch meeting as well.. I know that some Dutch forums do that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 08-27-2002, 01:23 PM   #37
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Ok who wants to be in charge of an IW Atlanta party? And no I cant do it, I'd book us into the cheapest crack motel there is lol.
I will help find a hotel to "host" us if you like (unless Ziroc already has a place in mind).

Let me know -

1. How many of you will need a room?
2. What price range you want to pay?
3. Where you prefer to stay (downtown or perimeter)?
Old 08-27-2002, 01:28 PM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Weeh! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I bet you all want to see me, don't you? Especially Ziroc, perhaps, to take a good look at the ignorant babbling little boy from Holland who is always such a pain in the a**! Anyway; maybe we should have a Dutch meeting as well.. I know that some Dutch forums do that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link, we should indeed. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually I think we should have a European meeting in a year or so (so everybody can plan ahead) - Europe is relatively small and easy to travel (especially with Easy Jet ) ... could work for everybody inside the Scandinavia/Germany/Spain, Ireland borders. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2002, 01:46 PM   #39
Megabot

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Actually I think we should have a European meeting in a year or so (so everybody can plan ahead) - Europe is relatively small and easy to travel (especially with Easy Jet ) ... could work for everybody inside the Scandinavia/Germany/Spain, Ireland borders. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Yeah then i can come to, to hunt you all down muwhahahaha [img]smile.gif[/img]
Go to Neterlands take me 2 1/2 houer with a plane then maby i and Johnny could see who could drink most beer hahaha [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #40
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
[/QUOTE]WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*drools at the idea*