Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2000, 01:02 PM   #21
bpm07

An interesting thread indeed. Now I'm not really good at judging myself but here goes:

Str 12 (not good but then not bad either)
Dex 15 (alright I'm not the most agile of persons but swimming and playing instruments requires good dexterity)
Con 15 (used to be more like 17, until I quit swimming and kickboxing)
Int 17 (not bragging here, I took an IQ test and scored 145!!!)
Wis 14 (though much lover when around girls, maybe 5 or so!)
Cha 14 (something like that, really better that others judge on that)

Well, this looks like a thief/mage to me, fairly smart and good with the bow.
(sic)

Old 11-26-2000, 02:41 PM   #22
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Str : 14
Dex : 17
Int : 16 (Electronics student so I guess its good)
Wis : 14
Con : 16 (Able to drink lots of beer)
Cha : 12 (not much of a charmer)
Old 11-26-2000, 06:52 PM   #23
BaatoRyan

well heres mine:

STR:12 (Im a kid, cant carry too much)
DEX:16 (Im improving on my hand eye coordination)
INT:17 (Only probably using 8... thinking makes me feel bad bout myself)
CON:15 (I easily get drunk, but Im not susceptible to diseases)
WIS:18 (I have the will, but using it in a bad way!!! Using bout 8 too!!!)
CHAR:0.00 (My love... maybe she hates my guts? )

Im goin for maximum capabilities... charismas really a bomber, or maybe Im just fishing...

Old 11-26-2000, 09:44 PM   #24
Ronn

Ok guys, it's fun to live in the D&D fantasy world, but let's be realistic. A normal person's stats are between 8-12. If you put much more than that for a stat and you're not an Olympic competitor or a MENSA member, you're being overly kind to yourself

So for me, using reality as my guide

Strength 8 (there is no way I could carry anywhere near 100lbs of stuff in a pack everyday)
Int: 12 (I'm college educated and considered somewhat cerebral by friends)
Wis: 10 (raising kids and keeping a family together are very educational)
Dex: 8 (Nintendo skills just don't count in D&D)
Con: 7 (I'm only 34, but I smoke and am overweight)
Cha: 12 (I'm a DJ at a local radio station, and considered a people person)

Weapon Skill Knife and Fork + 2

Who wants to play this character? No one! That's why we play D&D. Think about it, we don't only play because of the atmosphere; we play because we get to be someone other/better than ourselves.

With all that said, I'd like to encourage everyone to update their stats

Old 11-26-2000, 10:25 PM   #25
Darkwind

***Warning: Long post*** Detailed, with alignment and other things other people suggested So I dont have to add to it later when someone comes up with another cool idea to put

I agree with the guy who said to be realistic. I dont mean any disrespect, but I have my doubts believing anyone -- including myself -- Is the pinnacle of human achievement in any of these areas. At least until I know you better.

As for myself?

David, the character:

Str - 9. A touch under average, but I dont work out, i dont know how much I can lift, so it's under debate. This one would probably vary by a few numbers up if I would take the time to actually check.

Dex - 13. Definently above average. Some martial arts training, in two styles, as well as wrestling. I can type 111 wpm (tested). My running SPEED isn't too impressive, but my reactions aren't "normal" by any means.

Con - 7 or 8. I can't take much punishment, i'll admit it. I dont drink, so I dont know what I can hold. No drugs, no real weaknesses to illnesses or anything. I could probably be better if I worked out a bit more, the potential is there i'm sure.

Int - 13. This one is hard to judge; i haven't taken any tests, so whatever score I would get there might vary things. But I observe people around me, and many, many people do incredibly stupid things on a constant basis. This leads me to believe that this is normal. Since I dont, I'm above normal. Easy conclusion I'm smart, but i'm not a genius, I dont think.

Wis - 15. How does one judge wisdom? I dont pick fights with people who could obviously mop the floor with me. My con isn't high, remember? Common sense, too, influences this. I can judge relatively accurately when is a good time to stop talking because it's going to cause trouble.. I've seen what alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes do to people, so I dont do them. Thats wise, isn't it? For someone at my age (19, college student) not to be in any of those 3 things is something. Back to what I said about int ... If the majority of people are doing stupid things, it's also wise, as well as smart, not to join them.

Cha - 12. Charisma isn't just a judge of looks, it's also "reaction". I may be average in looks, but I get generally good reactions from people. Nobody hates me. Despite the fact that i'm rambling on now, I hope that none of you hold that against me

Alignment : Chaotic neutral with good tendencies. I actually took a test for this! I forget the web site, but you answered questions and it cranked it out. I think it's accurate. Not "insane" (None of the chaotic neutral characters in any of the Baldur's Gate games were)... They just do their own thing... live by their own whim, like I do. With tendencies to do the right thing when the decision calls for it. "Good" and "Evil" are relative.

Weapon proficiencies:
Quarter staff - ***. I've trained quite a bit, and for most purposes I dont make mistakes, though there is still alot for me to learn.
Knife - *
Short sword - *
Long sword - *
Long bow - *

Quarterstaff is the best weapon type in my opinion. A crushing weapon is NOT weaker then a slashing weapon when used properly. And a properly used quarterstaff can swing faster then any sword can by far But I do know how to use fairly well the other 4 skills.

Class - This is hard I'd like to pretend i'm a mage, but in real life, thats not possible. There isn't much of a parallel to any job I can think of, least of all Web Designer. I would guess rogue, though. I'm a sneaky, in-the-shadows kind of person. I've done some hacking (shh), but though I can, I never found much of a use to it. I'm not the kind of person who likes to piss people off.

Backstab damage - 3x, I know pressure points and weak points well, but not EVERY point.

Hide in shadows - 50
Move while hidden - 40
Pick pocket - 10
Pick lock - 5
Detect illusion - 35
Set trap - 60.. Honest
Detect trap - 35 (good at setting, not-so-good at finding.. Never stepped in my own trap though!)

I'm sorry for the length of this -- I had a lot of spare time, and I tend to go gung-ho when the creative mood strikes me, and thinking of myself as a character peaked my interest.

To the person who said most peoples stats were 8-12, you're generally correct, but remember, you can be above average without being olympic material. Theres a vast difference between 12 and 18 still. And the particularly sickly can be below normal without being on the verge of death.

Thats all, I swear!

David/
Preferably, and more commonly (even in Real Life), known as Darkwind

"Mortality only gets in the way! Be a god!"

Old 11-26-2000, 10:35 PM   #26
ironfist

I think my stats are :

Str I cant carry more than 25 kg's whole day long)
Int 13(third-year physics student)
Wis 10(Average, just 21 yet)
Dex 10(Average accuracy and reaction)
Con 9(little lazy)
Cha 10(Average, havent meet anyone who really "dislikes" me yet)

Chaotic Good alignment
Unarmed combat style

So I am a very common person...

Old 11-27-2000, 12:22 AM   #27
Neal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm... Lemme see here....

STR: 9 (yup, I couldn't carry 100lbs. for long)
DEX: 18 (years of fencing)
CON: 15 (pretty good, I spose)
INT: 16 (I can program in quite a few languages)
WIS: 4 (maybe some day I'll have some)
CHA: 15 (somewhat of a leader)

Short Sword: **** (8 years of fencing lessons)
Single Weapon Style: **

Gotta be Lawful Neutral...Just mind my own buisness....

Looks like a thief.... or a bard... yeah a bard.. a blade in fact...
Old 11-27-2000, 12:26 AM   #28
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Actually Astaroth, you might be surprised. Some of us had very grueling lives and were required to stress our physical developement above anything else. I have no doubt that there are quite a few of us computer wankers who were and or still are extremely strong physically and have excellent dexterity.
I have always had an exceptional constitution. For example, about 15 years ago I spent 9 1/2 hours in an emergency room with second and third degree burns over 25% of my body. As most will know infection is the primary cause of extended hospital stays. To the doctors amazement and my insistence, I was released the next day with no sign of infection whatsoever, and never developed any. Despite the prognosis for extensive skin grafting, I ended up only needing one on the underside of my left arm. I have very few visible scars from that experience. Every time I visited my doctor he was amazed stating, "I have never seen anyones body heal like yours>\".
You will note that my intelligence and wisdom levels were quite low, and I listed my charisma level as virtually non-existent.
I have no doubt that some of the stats are inflated, but I also believe that many are being quite honest.
Old 11-27-2000, 12:43 AM   #29
Viridi

Strength: 8 - 10 (not all that impressive in the strength department )
Intelligence: 14 - 15 (considering that most of the people I know aren't all that intelligent, IMO, I am giving myself an above avg. score )
Wisdom: 8 (young)
Con: 8 (Asthma, allergies, and the occassional bouts with strep lower this )
Charisma: 10 (avg...)
Dexterity: 11 (depends on what you call dexterity... not the fastest person, but I have above average reaction times.... when I'm fully awake anyways )

Old 11-27-2000, 01:09 AM   #30
Larry

Str: 11 (depends on my anger ratio, as well)
Int: 12 (I like to use big words, that confuse many)
Wis: 16 (Common sense and good judgement)
Dex: 17 (I am a drummer...I play drums...fast...)
Con: 16 (says my wife!)
Cha: 17 (I usually can get what I want, by my cuteness !)