Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2001, 05:19 AM   #1
pigment

I realy love W&W ! But after finishing two times i need a new challenge.
I heard that Wizardy 8 will coming soon.
Have anyone a Betaversion or some more informations about it ?
Old 02-16-2001, 10:55 AM   #2
andone75
Welcomed New User

Emm..no i dont have any info except that the fact that we might need to wait a little bit longer...

Well anyway I ALSO waiting for it!!!

And by that time i will have my new computer!!!
I am about 2 weeks from getting my new play thing!!!
A P4 1,4 Ghz,400 buss speed,80 gb Hd,Geoforce 64 DDr memory (something) card So i guess i have the power to handle the game, also I´m waiting for Morrowind!)

Cherrs!
andone75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 11:05 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

From what I've seen of TES: Morrowind, it's going to be a beaut. It puts the other two Elder Scrolls to shame (which really isn't fair since they were cutting edge for their time as well). I'm a charter Tamrellian (played both Arena and Daggerfall several times through), and have been waiting for Morrowind for about 5 years now. Apparently a lot of the gamers feel the same way; it's the 2nd most hotly waited-for release next to NWN.

I've been surprised at the lackluster enthusiasm for Wizardry 8's release among gamers. I think most of the gaming community has about given up on its release, even though it is imminent. For the life of me, I can't imagine why Sir-Tech waited a decade to finish out the Wizardry series; it was their baby, their cash cow. Absolutely one of the stupidest moves ever seen . . . and one that cost them dearly, as most of Sir-Tech is no more (just the Canadian and Australian branches remain).

I'm not a D&D fan, so I steer clear of games using the D&D engine (too many cumbersome rules for my liking). So it's wait for Wiz 8 and Morrowind for me!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:15 PM   #4
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sazerac, what is "Morrowind?" Never heard of it. And by D&D do you mean Dungeons & Dragons? (Sorry, I'm not a genie, they just let me out on infrequent occasions, so I'm not up on current events.) Speaking of current events, is there a web page somewhere that specializes in turn-based games?
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:39 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Morrowind" is the 3rd game in "The Elder Scrolls" series by Bethesda; an outstanding CRP gaming universe set in a world called Tamriel. Morrowind is where the Dark Elves live in Tamriel, and this particular game will revolve around their province. The Elder Scrolls series is predominantly a 1st-person, solo character CRPG. For more information and some great screenshots and news related to the game, check out the following site: The Elder Scrolls

And, yes, D&D refers to "Dungeons and Dragons". The majority of the gamers out there seem to like the computer games based on the Dungeons and Dragons worlds, but I've never really been able to get into them; as I said, too many rules spoils the game for me.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote