Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 08:41 AM   #1
don_carlo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it true those utter utter *$!$£$£%!!!!!! are bringing out a BG game for that useless peice of over hyped trash the ps2?

How could they? The ps2 is the gaming equivalent of Britney spears and Nsync, all style no content rubbish. Bg should remain pc only if it wants any integrity.

Comments?
Old 11-21-2001, 09:17 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

WHAT!
Is this true?! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
This is the worst they could do to a BG-fan, ever! [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
Maybe if they would have waited for gamecube, but still..

see ya!
Old 11-21-2001, 09:23 AM   #3
cheesus
Dungeon Master

i nkow what you mean - my g/f bought me a ps2 for christmas but i didn't feel easy taking it - sony and it's machine seem so souless and corporate. believe me, it was hard enough picking 2 games to get with it - yet gta 3 made up for it though! and don't forget the final fantasy series, the new metal gear game and...hmmm....oh dear.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:22 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Not everyone wants to play a deep and heavy RPG all the time..
I admit I've had fun with WWF Smackdown on the PS

What an incredibly Guilty Pleasure..
Old 11-21-2001, 11:28 AM   #5
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

WHAT? Everyone who makes computer games is a capitalist pig dog! Theirs no escape from them. I wonder how much money Bioware made from ToB alone, seen as it cost me £25.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, ever since I delved into the PC gameworld, I couldn't go back to vid game platforms. I love the in depth complexity, but not everyone does. I guess we should be happy in the sense that many software companies have stopped making PC software altogether, opting to create only for platforms since they are incredibly stable and free from the massive compatibility issues that PC related games are plagued with.
Needless to say though, long live PC gaming [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2001, 12:17 PM   #7
cheesus
Dungeon Master

evil al - i think some companies have a deep motivation to create good games as well as make money - eg rare, sega, nintendo. that's why i hate sony; look at the gates for ps2 - many are formulaic rubbish - constant re-hash and re-hash of the same old stuff (prime example - EA). all companies are out to make money but i think you can tell the ones who actually care about what they produce outside of the financial aspect alone. i'd be surprised if the people who made baldurs don't love d&d and videogames - it seems to be crafted out of genuine interest in these things. i think there's an ocean of difference between certain developers and they're far from the same.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: cheesus ]

Old 11-21-2001, 05:44 PM   #8
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Cheesus, i agree with what you are saying but the best form of advertising is word-of-mouth. So in effect we (the people who poast on this forum) are advertising for Bioware.
I'm not saying making money is a bad thing but making too much money by re-hashing games as you say is. But if thats the type of game people want to play then they are welcome to. I guess its like music you just have to find your genre and ignore the stuff you don't like cause nobody is forcing you to listen to it.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 11-21-2001, 05:55 PM   #9
Ezekial
The Magister

As an owner of both a PC and PS2 (yes, I know) I think its a good thing for Bioware to do.

Think of the market of people who have never played a BG game simply BECAUSE its an "old style" RPG on the PC, whereas they would atleast give the PS2 game a go. [Its a single player, third person RPG, or something similar].

If they played the PS2 version they then might be more inclined to play the (more substantial) originals!