Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 02-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Dan899
Welcomed New User

Hello Ziroc

I don't want to annoy or rush you or something. I just wanna ask when the new stuff will come out because I red in a poll that you planned it for the beginning of February. I can't wait to see the things you made.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

What Poll? Was it here?? (I forget)

Yeah, It is still being tweaked. Just fixing small things now--and redid Choc to use skinmesh and looks 100% better now (the 3D Model). So expect the release in a few weeks, maybe sooner.

I found out giving a release date is a pain But when this is released, it'll be as bug-free, and full of stuff never seen anywhere before.

I just worry about the coming NWN patch 1.67. It's in beta now, and they did say there are loads of 2da changes, but I have padded the 2das to allow for their changes AFAIK [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Hang in there! I have been putting no less than 6 hours a day almost 7 days a week into this, the last 2 Months. It'll be worth the tiny delay [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2006, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh, BTW, in this new hakpak, I have corrected all of the Official CEP Models and bugs that were in it.. (The evil altars, looked all messed up) and loads of shadow error issues. Some tile pieces didn't match alignment, and you would fall into a void! lol, fun stuff! I bet you I have launched NWN to test the hakpak nearly 4000 times since Jan.

BTW, I heard a rumor that NWN2 may NOT have horses... bah.. I hope they do add them.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Z,

Why don't you pre-empt the patch release and lost up a test server with the beta patch and the new hak installed ??
Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Hey Z,

Why don't you pre-empt the patch release and lost up a test server with the beta patch and the new hak installed ??
It should be ok, the only changes I need to worry about are 2da files. I've downloaded the beta, and will compare the files tomorrow and make changes if needed. All the stuff I added was 'padded' for exactly this reason.

BTW, the new patch v1.67 adds all the Sword Coast mod--underwater tileset, and stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] Cool indeed! Maybe go INTO the lake of Shadows?? Muahhahah! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2006, 01:59 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I still say there has to be a way to fake a creature in the middle of some of the larger bodies of water. If there is one (though I'd have to figure out if my theoreties would hold correct or not), you could actually have even more horrors for people to deal with inside of the Undermountain. As well, the Haunted Isles could have a few more brand new creatures that people might not be expecting. Though when you think of it, the Haunted Isles would be the perfect place to have underwater content. With all those Drowned Sailors there, something would have had to pull them under...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:23 AM   #7
USAgreco66kg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, the underwater tiles don't come with 1.67 beta? from what I understand, they're going to be a seperate release

Why fake a creature in the larger bodies of water.. when you can just put one in?

At the moment, I've got a slightly flooded cave on my server, in which the shark variants from PotSC can attack.. and for those looking for deep sea swimming... I've got just that, a custom swimmer phenotype (add the airbubble VFX from PotSC, and you're set.) as well as a large number of the PnP skills missing.. so the unathletic wizard types who put zero points into the cross-class swim skill may have a hard time..

Hrmm, Ziroc... even though you're not complete with your work... perhaps you might have an interest in collaborating a few efforts, and perhaps we could save each other some time on our individual projects?
USAgreco66kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The official what's on the beta is listed in the NWNs forum. It does include the tilesets from PotSC.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:27 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
The official what's on the beta is listed in the NWNs forum. It does include the tilesets from PotSC.
Yep! (I Had added it to the new hak, but since it'll be in a release form, I'll remove it [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Old 02-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by USAgreco66kg:

Why fake a creature in the larger bodies of water.. when you can just put one in?

At the moment, I've got a slightly flooded cave on my server, in which the shark variants from PotSC can attack.. and for those looking for deep sea swimming... I've got just that, a custom swimmer phenotype (add the airbubble VFX from PotSC, and you're set.) as well as a large number of the PnP skills missing.. so the unathletic wizard types who put zero points into the cross-class swim skill may have a hard time..

Well, what I was looking for was a creature that you couldn't necessarily reach by standard means, but could still attack you and could defend against you in return. What I was aiming for was a "platform" where you could have the "aquatic" creature resting on, so it could tackle you with distance attacks (or magic as the case could be), but you could not go into the water to go after it. Kind of like the "walking on water (because it's ice)" concept. It would be still water tiles, but ones where the creature(s) could be placed and still be visible to the PCs. I just did not know how something like this could be put into effect.

Let me see if I can draw an ASCII picture here...:

PCs..............................[=WATER IS HERE=].................................................. ........creatures/NPCs
=========~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
=========\\\\\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~////////////////~~~~~~~~~
=======================~~~~~~~[=cannot walk here.deep water=]~~~~~~~=========================

Something along those lines. I just had no idea if you could simply impliment more solid ground about a half-level underneath a water tile set just out in the middle of technically no where. As with this idea, that area of shallow water (so the creatures would appear to be needing the water itself to survive) would be completely unaccessible to anything else in that level unless it flew.

And yes, the ASCII setup for me sucks as I don't know how to change fonts in the middle of a post just so I can have things work out my way...

[ 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote