Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #91
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Nivram

Nivram had to admit that Telryn was better with words. Especially when he was drunk. He had plenty of thoughts he could have replied with, but between his mind and his mouth the thoughts got jumbled and after a faltering start simply stopped.

Then he tried again. "Why would I want to change? Why would I want to abandon the one thing that helps me?" He flashed an absurd, almost ironic smile at Telryn.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #92
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

"Leave it," He started, "If you do not wish to change then nothing anyone says will make it happen. If you are unable to see why you might want to change, then talking of change is pointless."

He looked around at the rest of the 'group', hoping someone else, even this new old man who they had so recently adopted, would say something.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #93
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason smiled with one side of his mouth. It was a smile that didnt touch his eyes. Maybe if Nivram was drunk, then he wouldnt try to kill him anymore. Nivram seemed to be a reletivley sensible drunk, not like some of the men he'd seen in taverns and the like, but was he still battle ready? If he wasn't then maybe it would be better to go with the bandits than try to kill them when they let their gaurd down.
Jason looked toward the old man and his smile dissapeared.Where did he really come from? If he possesed any magic, hopefully he would make it known so that a proper plan could become formulated instead of them all probably being led by the nose to slaughter.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #94
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

The old man took the few steps between himself and Nivram and reached down to him, offering the younger man his hand.
"Come now, young man... up you go! You know, I have very similar struggles as you, and have experienced much of what you must be feeling. The drink is often overpowering for myself, and even now I feel its alluring power drawing me. Let us be away from here, to better times and places!" (The old man will wait patiently for Nivram to take his hand, and help him up if he does)

OOC: Probably my last post for a couple of days, but hopefully I can get on again sometime soon (this weekend, perhaps).
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #95
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Tod simply watched with disinterest. While Isokla was standing patiently with the rest of his bandit 'kin' as a hostage, so he was a hostage with this rabble. A drunk, an old man, a bandit... and the rest. How insufferable. He expected half of them to start snivelling.

So he waited for them to sort themselves out; what else could he do? Idly, he flicked dirt from under his fingernails in the nearest direction (which happened to be between Nivram and Jason). Trying in vain to avert boredom, he yawned loudly.

The rest of the bandits were already moving off, Isokla in tow. She'd already shaken off one of their hands. Tod sighed gloomily; why did he get to miss out on the 'fun'. So what if she was a priestess of the Master...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #96
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

You there, yes you picking at your fingers. Whats your name anyway?

Jason looked hard at the man and flicked his eyes toward Iskola quickly to see if she awas alright. If he was lucky, everything would be alright...for everyone. Though at this very moment his main concern was staying alive.

Do you happen to have any spare clothes with you? I would hate to make an appearance before an officer looking like this.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #97
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

It took a moment for Tod to realise Jason was addressing him. When he finally answered, leaving Jason hanging for well over a minute, he drawled, "You don't listen too good, do you. I'm Tod, and these are the clothes I have."

Isokla was nowhere to be seen - the other bandits were moving out of range with her.

The group could move on towards the next town. They would encounter a village, a windmill with a waterwheel and a river with a lake along the way.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #98
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason smiled. Thank you anyway then Tod. he turned to the others with a wry look.

Maybe we should move on? We can meet up with her at the next town. If no one objects. It's useless to just stand here with our fingers in our noses.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #99
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

With Isokla having gone off with the bandits, the group began their journey towards the town of Veridan. Losing one companion, but gaining two more, conversation was less than common to say the least.

The scenery was dull. Open plains passed them as they walked for what seemed like an eternity. The skies were cloudy but there was no rain, and the wind was fairly low. It could have been a lot worse. They walked until dusk, when the bandit Tod spoke up for the first time since they left; "Let's stop soon, Horton is not too far away."

A grumble of voices followed his suggestion, with only Telryn speaking up - "Sounds good. We should reach it in an hour at most."

---

It wasn't long before, in the distance, the lamp lights of a village could be seen. As the group get closer, they will see the dirt-trodden path which they are walking on lead up to a stone bridge crossing a river. The other side of the river is the village of Horton.

The village was simple in layout. The path across the bridge led straight towards a village square (which was actually circular in shape). Whilst not a bustling town, the village was a decent size, with its inhabitants still walking the paths even after dusk. The buildings were a mixture of wood and stone, many with simple thatched roofs.

Walking up to the main square, there is an inn (The Fox and Hare) on the left, surrounded by small wooden houses. Should any of the group venture to the town square, they will see a hangman's gallows and stocks in the centre on a raised platform. The town square leads four ways, with a sign indicating there is also a barracks, a blacksmith, a stable, and, recently added to the sign, a temple.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #100
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

The old man finally speaks up from the back of the group, as they enter into town.
"Finally lads, me bones are aching! We'll stop here for the night, and go on to Veridan tomorrow!"
He begins hobbling (with the support of his staff) to the 'Fox and Hare' with little attention for his companions.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote