Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Just got Temple of Elemental Evil... (possible spoilers if you're a noob like me)

Possible spoilers if you're new to the game, like me.

Ok, finding Terjon's artifact in Emridy Meadows. Found the rainbow rock with Terjon's amulet inside it, but there's a couple items I'm not sure about.

1)Figurine: kind of demony looking, Terjon doesn't like it. Is there anything useful to do with it? I can't find anyway to interact with it besides carrying it around, or dropping it somewhere.

2) Ragged note to Terjon, doesn't show up as a dialogue option when I'm talking to Terjon, and I can't figure out any way to read it.

The few guides I've found mention only that they exist, but nothing about what they do.

Are they really just useless junk, or is there more to them?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Just got Temple of Elemental Evil... (possible spoilers if you're a noob like me)

Figurine--- Identify it, then it can be used to summon miconid-style spore creatures. It's an Evil item, so it's possible that if you have a Pally in the party he/she may become Fallen.

Terjon's note-- It can be read by mousing it over the "use item" button in the inventory screen. I don't know if it has any use.

You can join the Circle of Eight forums here... http://www.co8.org/forum/ .

They are a ToEE modding community and their forums have all sorts of useful info, some of which may Spoil.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.

Last edited by ElfBane; 03-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Default Re: Just got Temple of Elemental Evil... (possible spoilers if you're a noob like me)

Ok, figured out the figurine last night, on a whim I decided to try the identify spell on it.

Still haven't pursued the note any further, so I'll probably check into it today.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
Shadow Stranger

What game alignment are you playing? This will determine the nature of some of the game quests apparently.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

I'm playing neutral good. But with a Paladin in my party, so kind of lawful too.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Are you running the Co8 (circle of eight) mega-mod? Reason I ask is the Co8 mod removes many irritating idiosyncracies of vanilla ToEE. You should check out that mod before you get too far into ToEE, because the mod is incompatible with Vanilla ToEE savegames, IIRC.

http://www.co8.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

There is also a mod that greatly alters the npc's looting behavior, It's called Humble NPCs for ToEE, and is located here...

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/index_editors.php

Old 03-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Is it compatible with the gog.com version of ToEE?

As it is, I just cleared the moathouse, but I have noticed some issues. Like being able to equip a heavy crossbow on a Halfling at one point and then finding that the game declares the weapon too large for them (the latter actually making a bit of sense).

If it works with the gog.com version of the game I'll install it right away. and just start over.

Add:

Preliminary digging indicates that the mod should be compatible with the gog.com version of the game.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 03-05-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

The patch seems to be working. Not sure exactly what it fixes though. So far the only difference I've seen aside from the intro and character screens being rearranged is that I can't see which abilities are modifying my skills anymore. It's just a blue box now. I have the add-on pack as well, but I haven't attempted to install it.

Not sure if the Humble NPC's mod works with the Co8 mod, because it says you should install Atari patch 3 to the game. Or does the Co8 mod act as the Atari patch in regards to the Humble NPC's mod?

One thing I liked about the comprehensive fixpack for the BG series, was a detailed list of what's affected, and the ability to choose which fixes were applied and in some cases to what degree.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #9
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I asked for a Readme link on the Co8 forum, see here for any followups http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10974 .