Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #51
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan
 

Join Date: May 20, 2003
Location: Near Aberdeen, Scotland
Age: 33
Posts: 5,225
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

But, you shouldn't be worried about European football riots. They are lame.

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

Millwall & West Ham are two of the worst....
Ever seen The Football Factory?

I'm from Aberdeenshire, Scotland btw (any more vague and no one will have a clue)!
__________________
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/dragonwater2.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
RoSs_bg2_rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #52
Sir Goulum
John Locke
 

Join Date: February 7, 2002
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Age: 33
Posts: 8,985
Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I'm assuming mine is descriptive enough for you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

L.Sedai- I'll trade you winters. -20C cold enough for you?
-20C? Are you living in the same part of Edmonton as I am? I was thinking along the lines of -30C, but then you need to look at the wind chill factor, so maybe around -40C or so? [/QUOTE]Heh... I was going to say -40, but we only get that for a couple days in the winter. I was thinking average temperature throughout the winter, being -15 to -20C.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Sir G, Mineapolis am I right? I've not looked it up, so I daint know. Plus the spelling is probably really wrong lol.
Erm... if Minneapolis was spelt with 2 less letters, and with an e,d,m,o,n,t,o,n, and was north of the US, then yes! Bang on! Just remember, I'm in Bioware-land. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
(My location is given, in my profile, BTW [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #53
Lavindathar
Harper
 

Join Date: March 21, 2001
Location: Lancs, England
Age: 37
Posts: 4,729
Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

But, you shouldn't be worried about European football riots. They are lame.

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

Millwall & West Ham are two of the worst....
Ever seen The Football Factory?

I'm from Aberdeenshire, Scotland btw (any more vague and no one will have a clue)!
[/QUOTE]Yeah, cool football hooliganism film!!!
__________________
=@
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #54
uss
20th Level Warrior
 

Join Date: November 16, 2001
Location: Estonia
Age: 33
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

No idea what your going on about, as I didn't say anything offensive. So, if I caused offence, I apologise. If not, please grow up? This is a mature board, and "so long and good days" just sound kinda childish ok?
That sounds like "If I caused offense, I apologise, if not, I will now." [img]tongue.gif[/img]


Seriously though, he does have a point with #5. Lack of patriotism doesn't make a person stupid. In fact, on some public occasions it could make a person seem more smart.


As for me, I hail from the dry desert valleys and gigantic palaces of Estonia. Fear our astonishingly original culture. [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #55
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl
 

Join Date: July 11, 2002
Location: Limbo
Age: 42
Posts: 1,720
just look at morgeruats location. hard to get away from my own husband
__________________
*peek-a-boo*
RevRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #56
Sigmar
Unicorn
 

Join Date: May 17, 2001
Location: N/a
Posts: 4,222
Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

But, you shouldn't be worried about European football riots. They are lame.

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

Millwall & West Ham are two of the worst....
Ever seen The Football Factory?
[/QB][/QUOTE]"SEE YOU! I'LL CUT YOU FIRST!"
"Have you met Stanley?"

etc

Fantastic film, and the only one I've seen *spoiler* that has the balls to not reform its "anti-hero".
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:54 AM   #57
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric
 

Join Date: July 3, 2001
Location: Cornwall England
Age: 35
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

But, you shouldn't be worried about European football riots. They are lame.

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

Millwall & West Ham are two of the worst....
Ever seen The Football Factory?
[/QUOTE]"SEE YOU! I'LL CUT YOU FIRST!"
"Have you met Stanley?"

etc

Fantastic film, and the only one I've seen *spoiler* that has the balls to not reform its "anti-hero". [/QB][/QUOTE]Come on now!!! The Italian Ultras put us to shame.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:49 AM   #58
Lavindathar
Harper
 

Join Date: March 21, 2001
Location: Lancs, England
Age: 37
Posts: 4,729
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

No idea what your going on about, as I didn't say anything offensive. So, if I caused offence, I apologise. If not, please grow up? This is a mature board, and "so long and good days" just sound kinda childish ok?
That sounds like "If I caused offense, I apologise, if not, I will now." [img]tongue.gif[/img]


Seriously though, he does have a point with #5. Lack of patriotism doesn't make a person stupid. In fact, on some public occasions it could make a person seem more smart.
[/QUOTE]Not really...I'm saying, if I caused offense I apologise. If I didn't, stop looking for an argument. I cannae see how anyone can take offence at anything I said.

And regarding patriotism, I disagree.

Everyone, should be proud of where they come from. I might hate certain things about my country, but at the end of the day, I'm proud to be English. I might think the Queen makes us look soft, or that Tony Blair makes us look stupid, but I don't care. People can judge them, but not my country.

One should never be ashamed of his heritage, where there fathers were born and raised etc, and where many people in the past have fought to keep their country their own. People need to be proud.
__________________
=@
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:16 AM   #59
Sigmar
Unicorn
 

Join Date: May 17, 2001
Location: N/a
Posts: 4,222
I'm proud of Gibraltar, all 2 by 2 feet of it. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #60
mad=dog
Avatar
 

Join Date: April 18, 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Age: 46
Posts: 549
Sadly my location is not vague so I have avoided this wonderful topic. However on the football riot issue someone once said "people go down to the stadium every sunday for a fight... and occationally a game of football would break out." I found that mighty humourous.
__________________
[url]\"http://www.dsr.kvl.dk/~maddog/isur.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Ooooookay. I surrender.</a><br />Sometimes I get the eerie feeling that my computer is operating me and not the other way around.
mad=dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reasons why IW'ers are not posting...(no longer an issue) Larry_OHF General Discussion 79 12-18-2006 04:36 AM
All these picture tags... Lovisa General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 16 05-19-2003 01:09 PM
Is it just me, or is the downloaded D&D player's handbook kinda vague? The Cavalier General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 14 01-20-2003 02:09 PM
spoiler tags Campino General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 5 04-14-2002 07:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2022 Ironworks Gaming & ©2022 The Great Escape Studios TM - All Rights Reserved