Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 12:52 PM   #1
Xerin
Dungeon Master

Hi. I just finishede the Monastary and am about to go to Arnika. I have a couple of items that I couldn't identify with my spell. It's gauntlets and torso armor. Will I be able to identify at shops in Arnika? Thanks.
Xerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:55 PM   #2
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

At some point you will be able to identify the items. If you are using a spell, it means that you either cannot cast the spell at a high enough power or you have failed to cast it at the appropriate power level. The game automatically determines what power level is necessary and attempts to cast. Just wait a few levels or try a scroll of identify.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 07:42 PM   #3
Naugrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Or, if you'd like to work on your spell skill a bit, keep trying to ID it over and over.. I usually do this if I fail on the first try, though I don't spend too much time on it.. 3 or 4 tries per item (resting as needed) and I give up if I haven't gotten it yet, but usually I have by then. But that way you know what you've got and you have potentially made it easier to id stuff in the future (albeit probably not much - but it adds up).
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 09:44 PM   #4
Erydian
Manshoon

The Artifacts ability controls whether or not you are able to identify items without having to use a spell. Your characters will gain Artifacts points naturally (seemingly randomly as well) whenever you first pick up an item and place it into your inventory, or when you identify something (either through use of the ID Item spell, or by right clicking the item once it is in your inventory). Note that moving items from your party inventory to your characters' inventory will not help you raise this skill.

If you have a bishop in your party, you will notice that the bishop's primary skill is the Artifacts skill (meaning they automatically get a 25% bonus to whatever skill you already have). You could always try right-clicking the torso armor and gauntlets to see whether or not your Artifacts skill is sufficient.

Note that the Artifacts skill will raise on it's own, and if you plan to use ID Items, you probably will not want to use level-up points raising it. However, this is kind of one of those personal preference type decisions, as Artifacts does come in handy when using certain items (particularly bombs, etc. I believe).