Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 05:04 PM   #1
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

All right. I love rpg's. I keep hearing about wizards and warriors. I am guessing by how many of you are in this forum that there must be something to it. I'm really jonesing for a great new game to hold me over until ToB, and I would appreciate some honest opinions about w&w. What do you like about it?

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:24 PM   #2
teval
Dungeon Master

If you need a really Good RPg i suggest W&W

I have only play it fore about 3 weeks but its have give me some really good times allready and yes i belive it is Blast as a Game

I strongly reccomend it to bought it and you will found out why its soo cool

Teval
teval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:56 PM   #3
Dying Sun
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Milamber!

W&W is tough to get into initially, not an "easy fit" like the Baldur's Gate games. If you have the patience to work through a sometimes cumbersome interface and some irksome design decisions/bugs, you'll have a very enjoyable romp. The more you play, the more you'll gain an appreciation for the game. Be prepared to spend a while, though, working at the grizzled shell to full appreciate the nuttiness inside ^.^ Your patience will be justly rewarded! For hints, stories, & tips, feel free to cruise to the archive (see signature.)

------------------
Toad Village is for Toads!
Dying Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 07:14 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Greetings Milamber!!

W&W if a fun game - certainly the best CRPG I have played in a long time. Unlike my friend Sun-slip - I found W&W easy to get into quickly. I'll admit also that I am no fan of the BG games or interface.
You might also want to do a search for similar threads. Try keywords like: "any good" or "buy". If you cannot locate them, let me know and I'll ferret them out for you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 08:09 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Hi Milamber,
This is definitely a great game, there are some great dungeons and neat weapons in the game. And a lot of the voice acting is good, fun and funny. Some of the animations (especially in the towns) are odd,though.
As said earlier, it is tough going at first, but I think the game really draws you in and all the petty annoyances don't seem to matter much.

By the way, looking at your username, do you happen to be a fan of Raymond Feist books?

Mark
Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 09:35 PM   #6
Moni

Hello Milamber!

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Moni
Old 04-06-2001, 12:31 AM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

It is a great game. Many here at the forum are playing it over. I agree with Wyvern, I got in to it easily and stayed with it. Someone once said "WW is like a good book, you can't stop playing and you hate to see it end." Can't put it any better than that. I bought it for my adult daughter, she loves it too. Get it and come back to see us, this is your forum too!

Mammawlin

P.S. Ahhh - and so SunSlip is born, leave it to you Wyv.
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 09:29 AM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

go for it! the user's point of view is a much better than the
bird's point of view(watching over the characters instead of being a character yourself).

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:28 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi, I havent played W&W but I think I'm going to get it. 15,214 posts cant make it all bad eh? I kind of worry I'm too used to BGII/IWD interfaces though. I guess we'll see!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:51 PM   #10
Moni

LoA,

You'll Like it!

Moni
The Official W&W Ditz