Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well being quite bored the other day I reinstalled W&W - must be all of about 5 years on since last I played. Firstly the game wouldn't run - would load and instant crash. After much searching about and consiedring graphics codecs et al I finally found that it runs just fine if you take it out of software mode and use the highest of high resolutions in the 3 D graphics. Man that looks way better than the old software mode graphics I got out of the ole PIII back in the bad ole days of low mem and no graphics card.

Problem 2 - no mages guild in Valeia - ah - memory still good - me no's boogersh (not gold taker eider) - I remember back in my Win 98 days that me ole china Sazearc solved this one a long time ago - thumbs up Saz. So I Vdubbed all the necessaries and now the game runs beuatifully.

Problems 3. Some things are not going as well as expected. Firstly when I tried to go see what is happening at toad village the toads went "toad" on me. I ran away rather than start a fight, but unbeknownst to me, Ekbu has chased me all the way back to the mill and is now walking alongside Medkawa. He attacked me, and I charmed him to stop my characters making toad sushi.

Problem 4 - off to do the crypt - yup I remember this - knock down a champion, pick up a crystal, run up some stairs and get the dolly (or jindol). Only trouble was I had both of them attcak at the top of the stairs - killed em both, picked up the crystals - ran down one stair and the stair in front collapsed - ran down the other stair and the stair in front collapsed - WAAAAAAAAAH!!!! No fair!!! I saved after the fight as well, so I am stuck here. I have been searching for unsmashed crates and I am having to backtrack an awful long way to find enough crates to do the ole climb jump routine. Even the ole staring at the sky while jumping is not quite letting me get there after 2 stackings. Boo hoo - I am off to forage wider - my kingdom for an unsmashed crate.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The two spirits will have dropped a crystal each. The crystals can be placed in receptacles just by the stairs that collapsed. Doing so will raise the stairs again. One can only use one crystal. The other flight of stairs is not meant to be raised, but one can still bypass that problem by stacking crates or simply jumping up the wall. Smashed crates will stack just as nicely as unsmashed.

[ 04-27-2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 04-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Receptacle by the wall - oh bother and befustication - I missed that in my excitement to get up there and get the dolly.

Fortunately I couldn't sleep, and remembered that in this game there is the technique called "walking up the walls". Problem all solvered (with only minor embarassment) - now I can ditch these 2 useless crystals - I was starting to wonder what they were for.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

LOL Davros! Admit it, you missed us. Great to see you back here with us, still standing strong against the Baldur's Gate tyranny.

[ 04-28-2004, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:17 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
LOL Davros! Admit it, you missed us. Great to see you back here with us, still standing strong against the Baldur's Gate tyranny.
Well truth be told after many years avoiding it, I actually played BGII last year and enjoyed it . Mind you I never managed to finish BGI and my ToB has stalled through lack of enthusiasm, so I am divided on the whole BG thing.

I am enjoying the replay thus far, and if the toads really have gone toad on me then when I encounter that irksome individual that takes up a corridor there will be no compunction in wasting him. Maybe this time I will be evil and kill the dragon (looks over his shoulder quickly to see if Wyvern heard me say that).
Old 04-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome back, Davros!!!

Nice to see you back on the board and playing W&W again!
I'm sure it will all start to come back to you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:17 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hiya Wyv - say hello to Jack for me [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Me bad Ukabu me afraid - Shinwiki confirm this. Me have to "go toad" on them. Me not know why they hate me so, so now me give them good reason to not like Ukabu.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:40 AM   #8
Eagle eye
Elminster

See ya havn' some trouble,
_When Ekbu comes chasing after you -
Tell him ukabu, & all the carpet will unravell.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote