Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #31
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Default Re: Bioshock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
It's kinda....wrong feeling to take the adam from the sisters. even if they are creepy, just sits wrong with me in a way. Anyone else?
The first Little Sister I came across... I couldn't bring myself to harvest her. Took me the best part of 10 minutes to decide. I tried to decide from a roleplaying perspective, ie. would I be able to harvest one in real life if I was in Rapture? The answer was no.

But then Atlas reminds you that they're just genetically modified mutant-things, and that you'll need all the Adam you can get if you want to survive... I had no qualms after that, and boy the rewards are sweet.

One question though... is there a point in the game where you can freely move between locations? I'm only in Neptune's Bounty at the moment, I've killed all the Big Daddies I've come across so far, but sometimes I come across one and I either don't have the right plasmids, or not enough health/eve/bullets, and so I have to bypass him. Will I get to come back later in the game at will and finish off the ones I missed?

I just have to remember to save often as I frequently get CTDs... The sooner a patch comes out, the better. Though I doubt they'll have solved all the technical issues in one go.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #32
Thoran
Galvatron

If you save the little sisters you get a gift from the Russian woman for every three you save. I think it more than offsets the loss of adam from deciding not to kill them.

I've finally got to the point where I can go toe to toe with a Big Daddy (typcally around a pillar or tree) and have a decent chance of killing it on the first try (just got to Arcadia). Took upgraded weapons mainly - before this I could shoot all my weapons empty and the thing would still be standing, I think the grenade launcher helped a lot... also I started using telekenesis to catch it's bombs and throw them back.

Yes you will be able to return to areas you didn't completely finish.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #33
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Bioshock!

I got it for the 260 the day it came out at 9 in the morning, and they were already out of collector's edition.

I really like the game so far, but I'm playing it casually and I'm only just out of the medical zone. Friends love it too. I must have about 8 different gaming profiles saved on my hard drives just so they could make their own games.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:51 AM   #34
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I got it for the 260
wow! so you're only playing... like.... 2/3 of the game? *giggles to herself*
Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #35
vesselle
Hathor

obtw... he's faster than i and has been hogging our copy since we got it. but, he works today and i don't, so it's my turn now.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #36
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Bioshock seemed to be a real hit, but due to the overly zealous DRm and copy questions and how Take2 have handled it, I canceled my pre-order and decided to wait to see how this handles itself. If it is on par with how System Shock 2 felt at the time, I can pass it without any internal damage

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #37
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

I stopped playing. Got tired of fighting the same splicer goons over and over and over again. What a waste of money. I had such high hopes for this game, but for me it eventually devolved into a repetitive slug fest. Cool visuals and atmosphere, but does that matter when the same crappy generic bad guys re-spawn every few seconds? AARRGHGH!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #38
Trogdor
Manshoon

Yeah, gotta say I somewhat agree with Kaz.
While I will try and finish the game, I have to admit the repetative spawn fest is getting pretty annoying. Taking snapshots if fun, and playing with plasmids is great, but to be honest, I hardly ever use them as they just can't match a good shotgun blast

Also, the hacking thing was cool the first time, but jeez, i didn't ever think I could get sick of a pipe dream clone, however it seems that I was wrong. It's at the point now where I would rather skip loot or take damage because I can't be bothered hacking things.

And my last complaint, the sound! While most of it sounds great, the recordings of people (I understand it's old technology) are crap! I missed half the story because I didn't have subtitles turned on
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #39
Thoran
Galvatron

Hopefull the game will prove mod'able... I think regenerating plasmid energy would give the game a big boost. I've got all these awesome powers but I can't use them because they drain my energy in about 2 seconds then I spend the next 20 minutes trying to find more stuff.

Plasmids do next to nothing against Big Daddy's... but a round or two of grenades can take one out with ease, I think they've got game balance issues.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #40
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I don't mind it not being that many different kind of enemies. After all these are just the people that lived there, and it's natural they would follow fads and adopt styles.

But I do agree the respawns are kind of annoying. I guess they wanted to make sure we'd always have something to kill, but it's not realistic, and it make farming for money possible which ruin the survival aspect.