Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-03-2004, 02:27 AM   #31
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That would be "Defender" on Atari. My parents bought me an Atari 2600 when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. Defender was the first game they bought, and I was addicted to video games ever since!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:44 AM   #32
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ah Mel, Golden Axe was great...

Also my brothers first game was definetly Commander Keen, 4 I think, I had it on my first PC when he was about 3, and he was pretty good at it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 06:08 AM   #33
Marikai
Dungeon Master

Now THIS is an interesting topic! Congrats

My first game... woulda been Monopoly on board. Or was it Scrabble? Scrabble is a classic board game.

I had a Commodore 64 also. Had some games but hell if i can remember them. Youd go up elevators and then grab some funky things and exit levels. Good 'ol cassette games they were. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We had an Atari also! But i didn't find it until i was 8. What a waste cause by then why had a Pentium 386 computer. (hi tech! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

I reckon my first greatest game woulda been Commander Keen. DUDE ON A POGO!! haha

Today, i like Wizards and Warriors and Diablo. Making an online FREE game with a crew of people. Its not done yet, but it'll be advertised here. I hiope many people would enjoy to test it.

~Marikai
[img]\"http://members.lycos.co.uk/arkana/phpBB2/images/avatars/178988289141833a89f34ac.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />Why am I trying to give, <br />when no one gives me a try, <br />Why am I dying to live, <br />if I\'m just living to die?
Old 02-03-2004, 06:39 AM   #34
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
My very first game was on my cousin's atari - Frogger. The first games we had on our very first computer were space invaders, alley cat, pacgirl, chomp.
I played alley cat for the first time last year, ARRGHH!!! i tell you by a just a few minutes i was ready to rip out my internal speaker, how can 4 tones be good sound efects, hmmm the opening "music" wasn't to bad though, lol
Old 02-03-2004, 06:54 AM   #35
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
how can 4 tones be good sound efects
Obviously you never had a Sinclear spectrum... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 07:03 AM   #36
Target
Red Dragon

Cool topic,
The first game I played was Kingdom on the really old BBC computers. A great game, you had your town and had to decide what the people would do, plug the dam, work in the fields or stay in the town to make more people!! Great.
Played a lot of Elite.
First RPG was Dungeon Master on the Atari.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #37
quietman1920

Does anyone remember an addictive little RPG called 'Rogue'? There was also a cool star trek simulation game called 'BEGIN' or 'BEGIN2'.

Say, I'm not the only one who remembers these, am I? They could be stored off a 5 1/4 floppy & played through a COMPAQ Portable...

Old 02-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #38
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
My very first game was on my cousin's atari - Frogger. The first games we had on our very first computer were space invaders, alley cat, pacgirl, chomp.
I played alley cat for the first time last year, ARRGHH!!! i tell you by a just a few minutes i was ready to rip out my internal speaker, how can 4 tones be good sound efects, hmmm the opening "music" wasn't to bad though, lol [/QUOTE]ROFL! It probably loses a bit with time - when I played it at about age 8 I thought it was pretty high tech stuff!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #39
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Does anyone remember an addictive little RPG called 'Rogue'?
I sure do - you were represented by "@" and just walked into rooms full of letters (monsters)... great fun.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #40
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

First computer game was probably Trek on an old PDP-9 system. First PC game was Ultima 6.

Quote:
Does anyone remember an addictive little RPG called 'Rogue'? There was also a cool star trek simulation game called 'BEGIN' or 'BEGIN2'.
Oh yeah, do I ever! I still have copies somewhere...Rogue is a classic, BEGIN and it's successor BEGIN2 I often played into the early morning on weekends.

[ 02-03-2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]