Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-09-2001, 06:45 PM   #71
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

John D.: Thanks so much for the Link! I've got Painter Classic from Metacreations; is that the same thing? It looks like it, and I know Corel bought out Metacreations. Only thing is, I hate Corel...it takes over a system worse than Microsoft does, LOL!

I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-09-2001, 07:20 PM   #72
Moni

Azurewolf,
You are very welcome!

Moni

(Saz, worse than Mocrostuck?! Man that IS bad!)

------------------

Old 05-10-2001, 12:26 AM   #73
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Fractal Design sold painter to Corel here's there web site
http://www3.corel.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=Corel/GetTo Know/Index
AzureWolf Bryce is a good 3D program I've played with it,not really worked with it. What I saw of it looked promising I'll E-mail you some samples of my work later tonight, their all done on a MAC and our IMAC is hooked to the internet on the regular phone line. So I'll have to wait until my daugthers are done talking to the pondscums

hehe no probs

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-10-2001, 03:56 AM   #74
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hey Azurewolf, if you want to learn 3D studio, see if you can get hold of a secondhand license for R2, that one is basicly the same in the ground as the newer, but alot cheaper and well it runs beatiful with a openGL card aswell and you need to have at least p2 450, i recomend a tougher CPU though because rendering will take days..

But p3 processor or an AMD backuped by a Geforce card works great. My AMD K7 600 havent any problems and my Geforce GTS card runs smooth with it. I di have 256 mb of RAM though, that helps out.

You can also check out Movie 4D, an cheaper and pretty good program, also check out demos and keep a sharp eye for Computer arts they sometimes have give aways with older full version 3D softwar. Thats how I got Bryce 2 , really funny but it is mostly a world editor, though really fun!!

Also, look for a night school or something for the basic techniques, i don´t know what you can find but that is a good idea. Also learn programs like Illustrator or any equivilant program with vector cause that is much neede in 3D programs. Also ask Ziroc, he works as a 3D designer if I don´t recall wrong..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES