Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 07:41 PM   #11
Stealthy

Me too!!!

------------------

Never accept an invitation from Wolfgir to a BBQ!
Click here for the album site.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:05 PM   #12
sylent
Emerald Dragon

ok... This is sort of an on the spot think-up, but here goes...

Sylent:
he started out training as a fighter at a young age, and lived for a while as a hired sword. Going on caravan runs, and defending rich nobles. He found the work hard, and the pay low, but he enjoyed it a lot.
He was moderately sklled, and his talents were not exactly "eagerly saught after". So on one of his caravan runs, he decided that it was time he made a real profit from some of the rich upper-class nobles who had been paying him next-to-nothing for the last ten years.
So as subtlely as he could, he started loading his rucksack with some valuable items, which he was able to pilfer from the lazy eyes of the caravan owners. He did this for a long time, and soon lived a ver high life. It was a very profitable business, and he was also able to tune his fighting skills, when the caravan chanced upon the path of any bandits.
one day, he heard about a sophisticated group of individuals, who called themselves "The Order of The Holy Flame". Although was by no means a devoted memberof any religeous group, he thought the idea of fighting alongside those with like minds would be a thrill.
So he aproached the three leaders, a necromancer (and mental father), a high sorceror, and the Master of war. He gave his details to Ertai, the legendary sorceror, and after much scrutiny, was allowed into the clan. Although his position as Thief, was not seen as a particularly honerable one, it was decided that he could be very useful to the clan, and his fighting skills were much valued...
Since joining the clan, he has performed many valuable tasks, working alongside the clan's master assassin Hesperex.

ok... there it is, damn, it turned out really long...
did you pick up on the dual-class thing I had going there?
Fighter/Theif (maybe SwashBuckler)
Is that sorta what you wanted?

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 12:37 AM   #13
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

*Ertai claps his hands*

Yeah Sylent thats exactly what we want !!

C´mon people post !!

PS: Rikard im thinking on one for myself

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-22-2001, 02:45 AM   #14
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Thanx Ertai...
I encourage other members to do the same...
!Bump!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 03-24-2001, 07:16 PM   #15
Rikard

Might be interresting
A bit of the Clan history

The Clan has excisted for several centurice always lead by Priests and Followers of The Eternal Phoenix Goddess of Fire
It was said the Flame that burn with the Order's Headqueardes was begun by the goddess herself and the giver of live to our earth

More to come

------------------

The Legend Master Necromancer
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 03-24-2001, 07:17 PM   #16
Rikard

BTW can someone seriously help me with the spelling of that small piece?

------------------

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 03-24-2001, 07:25 PM   #17
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:

The Clan has existed for several centuries, always lead by Priests and Followers of The Eternal Phoenix Goddess of Fire.
It was said the Flame that burns within the Order's Headquarters was begun by the goddess herself, the giver of life to our earth

Hi Rikard, I've checked the spellings and stuff. If you need anymore help, just email the text to me. (Use the address in the profile)

Cheers

Sir Tainly

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-24-2001).]

Old 03-24-2001, 07:39 PM   #18
Rikard

Well i send you when i send Javi the thing
When i've really finished it
That will take a long time still though

------------------

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 03-24-2001, 10:57 PM   #19
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Asphyxiate - Terror and Chief Arsonist of the OHF
---
Ever since a traumatic childhood experience with a pack of Winter Wolves, Asphyxiate has always cherished a certain love for the flame: bane of all things cold. Born as the bastard son of the Archmage Gemmel, he was sent away lest he disgrace the family. His youth was spent learning craft with a group of desert nomads in a harsh, unforgiving life as slave.

Five years as a slave to dwell on his hatred for Gemmel, Five years to study the craft and learn the rudiments of magic - for there was a goodly spark within his frail body. It was a chance meeting with a travelling mage in need that whisked him away to a new life as the nomads sold their slave. Travelling to a stronghold way to the North, life seemed bleaker than ever with this new secretive, furtive master. Noticing the spark of the art in the young lad, the master bade Asphyxiate spend his teenage years first serving and then learning craft with him.

Over many years, Asphyxiate was taught to master his hatred, to turn it and use anger to make his spells all that much more powerful. Fire, always fire was the favourite, that which destroys all in the end. Upon the year of his Thirtieth birthday Asphyxiate was finally given his freedom, whereupon he promptly returned to his homeland and slew his Father while he slept- not with magic, but with a very small, rusty dagger stolen from the kitchen in the dead of the night.

Since then little is known about this troubled and twisted mage. Some say he retired to a stronghold in the mountains, occasionally emerging to lay waste to the surrounding area in a fit of rage. Some say he was killed while attempting to storm the glacier caves of the Ice Dragon. Nobody really knows - or even cares as long as he isn't near them. Almost as much a mystery is why Asphyxiate is a member of the Order of the Holy Flame. Some suspect powerful links to the clan leaders as father figures in his past, or corruption in high places. Others believe Asphyxiate simply enjoys killing others no matter what allegiance. Either way, most people double-lock their doors at night when tales are told of his deeds.

Sleep easy children.

------------------
Old 03-25-2001, 03:51 AM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmmm... let me think about this one... this is gonna be kinda interesting before i leave for vacation for a while

lets see now,

years and years i have wandered far and wide. i have seen the world and its beauty, its splendor and majestic wonders. yet i have also seen another kind of beauty, a beauty where other would shy away, a beauty in which people would retract from. im a necromancer, a master over death yet death will come for me soon, as it does to all living mortals, undead, immortals and even the gods. let me tell you my story as i have become a watcher for both living and death. i was born into an oridnary family, lived a happy life with them. lived in small village deep in the humid forest but close enough to walk to the great river. i grew up to be normal person expecting to live my life as a farmer or a hunter but when i reached 16 something happened. nothing physically nor mentally yet something indeed happened to me. i did not transform into a werewolf and immiediatly became intellegent. in my minds eye, i see something that mere people would not like to see. while people only see the light of day and the darkness of the night, i see more. i see the decay of the tree's, the bones and spirits of souls, in truth i have seen death and its work. at first i was confused with what i see. slowly but surely i have begun search in who or what i am. i knew from the start that i was special but never knowing that something like this would have happened to me. i later left my peaceful village knowing that i would never be contented anymore being a simple farmer or hunter. i have roamed the plains and mountains in finding my unanswered question yet i have not. during those times, i experimented in what i see and in what i hear. soon i was able to create simple spells that helped me through my perilous journey. i soon arrived myself in the city. a city with speldor to people yet in my minds eye i see also death at work here. i entered my services to a mage guild in which i have learned alot from its ancient knowledge. yet this information is not enough. i soon left and started wandering again and again. i have helped people, caravans and adventurers with my skills as a wizard. yet unknowingly death has also reached for me. in one my journeys with my other companions, we were ambused by an orcish party, although easy to handle with my fighters swords, the fact that we were ambushed that we did not have enough time to erect our own defenses. one by one my comrades have fallen from thier assault and soon i was next and only darkness was my next memory. soon i was floating. floating to where i do not know yet im anguished that i have not fulfilled my lifetime mission in answering my unanswered question. then all of a sudden, light passed through me, filling my soul. and all of a sudden i was alive again. i could not understand what has happened since no one was there when i awoke (with a pounding headache) yet miracously my wounds disappeared. and then i understoond, death did not want me yet. death did not need me yet. death will come, death will always come but not now for its too soon. i resumed my wanderings unknowingly becoming stronger in that incident. time passed my by and soon i noticed that i have not yet grown older than what i suppose to be. i have encountered death again and again yet it did not take me there. i am lost, a lost soul wandering around time and time again. soon i found myself face to face with a necromancer, more knowledgable than i, more ancient than i. he is one of the leaders of the acclaimed OHF (order of the holy flame). i have joined this group knowing that the answer is here. knowing that i might answer my unanswered question going around my whole life time. knowing that death may finally welcome me back to her warm(cold) embrace. thus i have learned to become a necromancer as what my (mental) father though me to become. i have become his son, i have become the watcher over death and its life. soon everything will be clear to me. for i have a destiny, destiny woven by the unseen forces more powerful than the gods and mortals alike. soon i will find my answer

to those who wonder why im a goody goody two shoes when i deal with death. it is because i also love life and my specialty is death. what irony!! i never want to kill yet kill i must to those who in need to death for death is my companion and my weapon to all.

there done!! howbout that Rikard ... (oohhh my aching fingers)

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...