Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

**Spoiler**

Hi,

I have been searching for an answer for days now and can't find one. I tried the search engine and came close but no cigar. I was hoping maybe someone can help me figure it out.

My problem is that I am good aligned with Me(fighter), Minsc, Jaheira, Nalia(soon to be Imoen), Jan Jansen, and Aerie. I want to take Bohdis side and then betray her or is it take the thieves side and betray them. I know it is one or the other.

Basically, I just want to get rid of both evils and get all items. I also need to know if killing them both will still alow me to make it Brynlaw.

I figure if I take Bohdis side, I will only have thieves to contend with on the streets as well as then killing bohdi after. If I side with theives, will I be able to kill the vampires and then kill the thieves and make it to Brynlaw?

I am confused. I also started doing the Mae'var quests for Renald Blood scalp. I am wondering if I should not do this because I am good aligned. It seems as though he will have me assassinate many people and well, thats not good hehe. I am doing this so that I can get the boots of speed from Renold Bloodscalp. Is there another way to get the boots from him?

Maybe just accept the theives and then kill Blood scalp for the boots? Or kill him first then accept the thieves? Oh well, I am at work and I know this is a messy message. If anyone can find it in thier heart to help me out I would be greatful.

If you want to just ask and I will tell anything you need from me to help find a solution.

I guess I could always just play it through and not worry about any of this stuff. I could just load an old game and take the thieves side and not get the boots or the katana that I need. Any thoughts?

Have fun all,

Pystal
Old 04-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I've done both versions and both are quite difficult, as the vampires well, vampirize you, and the shadow thieves BS like crazy if you go hostile. The lesser of two evils is BY FAR the shadow thieves, and the mae'var quest allows you to get a whoopass mage [img]smile.gif[/img] , I don't think you CAN kill Bloodscalp, as he gets you to Brynlaw (if you choose ST), only w/ bodie do you get to kill Renal.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
If you try and kill Renal outside of siding with Bodhi this fiendish killer character appears out of nowhere and kills you in one shot. Bodhi and the vamps will likely be all killed eventually regardless of the side you take. As a good alligned character I would personally side with the thieves. Bodhi's crew is out right evil, while the thieves are simply not lawful with member ranging from good to evil.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:19 PM   #4
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help. I think I will keep a save of each and go back to the thieves and join them. I guess I will just wait to do the Mae'var Quests etc until I get back from Spell Hold. I will reload an old save and just go side with the thieves and head for spellhold asap.

Any more advice is welcome, and thank you all for the help

Pystal
Old 04-27-2004, 03:26 AM   #5
Tom-Slayer
Manshoon

*Ahem* is it renal bloodscalp that you need to kill ? i think not or am i mistaken?
Old 04-27-2004, 03:28 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

If you join with Bodhi then it is Aran Livnail that you must kill, not Renal Bloodscalp.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

It is possible to kill Renal.If you fail a pickpocket on him he turns hostile and his bodygaurd doesnt come to kill you.

[ 04-27-2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]