Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Fishlick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing through the game the second time, the first time I never got my strong hold, and actualy I never left the city except to go to Spell Hold. Now I am playing as a dual classed fighter/thief and was wondering which stronghold is better to get, the thief's or the fighter's.

Also I have one question. I'm going through the game with only the PC and I am finding I have alot of stuff I don't need right now (stuff i can't use, or can only use later in the game like an artifact piece). Would I be able to put the item's I do not need in a container in someone's house and hope for it to still be there when I get back from the Underdark?

Any help would be very well recived.
Fishlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 03:57 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

First of all, welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

1. I prefer the Fighter Stronghold. Being in charge of your own castle is fun. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It is also good and balanced 'quests' with it. The ending is a bit disappointig, though.
2. If you put your stuff in a container, they will stay there. However, they might disappear when another chapter starts. Get someone else to answer this. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 04:45 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

1. I agree, thief's stronghold is lame.

2. You can store it in your stronghold (after it became yours) and they will not dissapear.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 05:35 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

-fighter stronghold is nice.. lot of subquests and stuff

- second ive found a container next to the armor/fletcher (near the adventure mart I think)in waukeens promenade, next to it (left wall) there is a circle in the middle of it were you can put infinity of stuff and it wil not disappear (think this is better than your stronghold ive your fighting class (leaving the city for some stuff isnt worth it) so this ''container'' is very handy because its near the adv. mart (i'm a frequent customer there so )

but stronghold is most organised (youl be there a lot... gold upkeek and side quests) its your call
Old 01-11-2003, 09:37 PM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

dont store items in containers in any stronghold you plan to use. also dont put them under the graveyard. these areas will change once you complete certain quests and your stuff will be deleted. Strongholds are fine for storage AFTER you have claimed them as your stronghold, but really, do as Annatar said and use some container in waukeens promenade. this area never gets reset (neither do lots of others, but this is a good one). personally I like the outside chest that is right on the roof of the adventurers mart (cause its close to both the adventurers mart, AND where you first emerge into athkatla, no doubt carrying lots of stuff you don't need at the moment). other good ones are the stalls out front of the copper coronet (the place I frequent most).
Old 01-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS, FISHLICK!!!

If you haven't installed any of the popular "Weimer Mods", there is actually a bug in the game that will allow you to have BOTH Strongholds. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Do the Fighter Stronghold first. After you have cleared out all the monsters, Nalia will ask if you wish to become the new Lord of De'Arnise Keep. Choose the response that says you want to "think it over a little while first". Then go complete the Thief Stronghold Quest. After you have finished it, go back to De'Arnise Keep and give Nalia the good news that you have decided to accept her kind offer. .

I took the Fighter Stronghold in my firs BGII game (played a Wizard Slayer). I am playing an assassin this time and I just completed the Thief Stronghold quest last night. I enjoyed all the various side quests from De'Arnise Keep and I've downloaded the Expanded Thief Stronghold so I am hoping it will be just as interesting.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:26 PM   #7
Fishlick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for being so helpful. I think I'm going to just take the Keep tho. I started that quest when I was a level 7 thief and couldn't do much damage to a troll before it regained all of its hit points. Now that i'm 11/9 thief/fighter I should have better luck. At least I hope so.
Fishlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

For my home base, I always use the front room of Renal Bloodscalp's guildhouse. It's in Athkatla, close to a District Exit, and it's got TONS of storage:
A table for armor, helms, shields, bracers, & cloaks
A table for weapons (ranged and melee)
A table for ammunition
A table for wands
A bookcase for red scrolls
A bookcase for blue scrolls
A bookcase for white & green scrolls
A chest for potions
A chest for gems & jewelry
A chest for quest items, upgrade components, & miscellaneous

Plus a store that'll buy stolen goods! Is this heaven?
Old 01-13-2003, 05:44 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Cernd's former home in Waukeens promenade is also a nice storage place it has about six containers or so so you can have one for scrolls one for weapons etc like Six of Spades suggested. It's also near the adventurers mart were you will return often and it's never reset.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
Imrahil
Elminster

One thing I really like about the Thief Stronghold is that you have your own little store right inside which will buy pretty much anything. Because I'm one of those that uses my Stronghold as my Storage Box (but, as others have pointed out, only *after* gaining the Stronghold), I like the fact that I can sell all the stuff I'm not sure I'll need (if I know I'll need it, I put it in a bookshelf) & then, occasionally, buy something back (I guess it's more like my own little Pawn Shop [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Plus, I kind of like the idea of my Guild being the premier source of powerful magic items in Amn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote