Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-03-2002, 10:50 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I once had a flatmate, friend of a friend, ex-Penthouse Pet here in OZ, who stayed with me for three unforgettable weeks. She used to walk around in the buff . It got so distracting that I couldn't handle it, couldn't sleep at night etc. I had to make up some BS excuse to kick her out (plus my GF at the time was not too impressed with it). (Cloudy can confirm this, I think I spoke to her about what to do at the time). Plus she NEVER did the dishes...
Too much of a good thing huh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Yeah, well, all looking and no touching makes for a damn frustrating experience. I was too good a friend to her friend for that.

Old 09-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
I once had a flatmate, friend of a friend, ex-Penthouse Pet here in OZ, who stayed with me for three unforgettable weeks. She used to walk around in the buff . It got so distracting that I couldn't handle it, couldn't sleep at night etc. I had to make up some BS excuse to kick her out (plus my GF at the time was not too impressed with it). (Cloudy can confirm this, I think I spoke to her about what to do at the time). Plus she NEVER did the dishes...
I wouldn't really considder that a problem.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #23
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
I wouldn't really considder that a problem. [/QUOTE]Yeah, but Johnny, isn't nucleur holocaust just 'something that happens to other people' in your opinion? [img]tongue.gif[/img] So forgive me if I don't get as laid back as you.
LOL, Memnoch, if you were having THAT much trouble it probably was good you kicked her out...but still, what a waste.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:20 PM   #24
Jorath Calar
Harper

One of my ex girlfriends was literally the definition of the flatmate from hell, she was absolutly wonderful, sweet, caring, funny and very good looking... but then we moved in together and wow...

- One night I found a used sanitary napkin in the kitchen sink
- Every morning she grabbed the bathroom and stayed in there until we had 2 minutes before we had to leave for work, then she let me in yelled at me for making her be late
- The dishes were mine... which I didn't mind, except she could have helped once in a while... especially after I had bought the dinner and cooked.

And I could go on all night... but I broke up with her and moved out after about 2 months of literal hell
Old 09-03-2002, 02:27 PM   #25
Moni

OMG Epona! If there was a prize for this thread you would win hands down!

I've had a few bad ones in my time...a girl who moved out and stole my washing machine while I was at work (I love karma lol...the woman she moved in with moved out and took EVERYTHING while she was at work) [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

Another girl I shared an apt. with stole irreplacable items I had kept in rememberance of old friends I'l never see again and things my son had given me. I had forgotten about her and all that stuff until reading this thread to be honest...guess it didn't mean as much as I thought it did. (OK it does, i can remember every item she took lol)

Then there was this guy who lived in my house and helped me with the bills while I was recovering from an auto accident...he decided he loved me and that I shouldn't die alone (everyone, myself included thought I would die any day for years). We later moved into separate apartments down the road and he would be standing out on the balcony above my door every single day yelling down at me as I came home from work how much he loved me and needed to marry me, how I shouldn't die alone and he'd beg me to let him be at my side for the rest of my life, no matter how long or short it was going to be. It was both pathetic and embarrassing and it lasted for about 5 months straight. Remember the girl in the first paragraph? He hooked up with her brother! LMAO, The years I've spent living with just my son or by myself were by far the best without a doubt. People are just freaking nuts.

Pigs...Rex is probably the worst I've encountered yet. I make him clean the area around his computer desk before I go in with a mop and a broom, its that scary. Luckily though he tends to keep his mess in one general area.
He and his grandpa are both professional trash stackers though. I swear it takes them more time to balance crap on the top of everything that it would for them to just take the whole bag out to the cans in the yard! LOL

[ 09-03-2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-03-2002, 04:16 PM   #26
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

aw...I feel for all you guys. My one sounds lousy in comparison.
I've usually had good luck with flatmates. There was just one incident where things got nasty.
One room mate, (I'll call him Greg) drank A LOT
EDIT: clicked post by mistake, hang on, I'll finish it!
and at the time I thought nothing of it. We were just starting Uni, who cares?
Anyway, one night he tries to make a move on my girlfriend while I'm in the shower. She screams and runs out, and I come rushing out with a towel to cover me and ask what the hell is going on. He said that she tried to seduce him, and when he refused she ran. This caused a break up, as she wouldn't ring me in case Greg picked up, and I wasn't about to ring her. Stupid, I know.
Anyway,one night I come home and see one of her brothers laying Greg low with a 2-4. I asked what he was doing, he told me. I didn't believe him, and since we were quite good friends (the brother and me) he went. I talked to Greg and he eventually told me the truth. I moved out the next morning.

[ 09-03-2002, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 09-03-2002, 04:47 PM   #27
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My roommates a pig but a good guy so I dont bitch too much. Plus he owns the house lol.
I guess former roommates from Hell might count? I moved from Pennsylvania to Colorado (I had lived there before) with my girlfriend and were styaing with a couple friends of mine for a couple weeks. Both were former roommates. We were all sitting around the kitchen table drinking beer and having fun when he came in. Didnt notice what he was doing in the kitchen but all of a sudden hes got a pistol (errr MY pistol) pointed at my girlfriend and shoots a round. It was a blank. We're thinking this isnt a very funny game. It got less funny, the next two rounds he fired werent blanks and two holes in the wall appeared beside her head. At this point I made my move and grabbed the pistol. Unfortunatly my middle finger of my right hand happened to end up in front of the barrel. Next thing ya know my fingers going sideways, with some spiffy looking stuff hanging out of the exit wound. I promptly bit him in the arm (hey whatever it takes) and he screamed and dropped the pistol and ran out of the apartment. His roommate moved out the next day and I got to have finger finger operated on [img]smile.gif[/img] And couldnt work for 6 weeks and went utterly broke. Ahhh the joy.....
Old 09-03-2002, 05:00 PM   #28
Moni

Geez LoA!
I am glad you and your girlfriend both survived that!
That was one roomate from Hell for sure!

Old 09-03-2002, 05:15 PM   #29
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Geez LoA!
I am glad you and your girlfriend both survived that!
That was one roomate from Hell for sure!
The main tragedy is he DIDNT shoot her! I think she did half the city, her motto became "Just say no to saying no" Oh well you live and learn lol Not that I'm bitter or hateful or anything [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #30
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I feel your anguish Eppers.
A few years back at one of many parties, there was a chick that bought along some Vodka Cruisers, y'know the diferent colored ones. Anywho, early in the morning when the party was dying down and peeps were heading to town, 2mates and I watched as she walked into my bedroom, and we all looked at one another with puzzled looks on our faces. Not wanting her to coma on my bed (try getting your g/f to believe that story ) I walked over to tell her that my room was off limits.

I opened the door and saw her with her pants around her ankles; she saw me and yelled out "Close the door ya pervert!" She was squatted on the end of my bed taking a piss, obviously thinking she was in the toilet which was actually the door opposite my bedroom. I ended up throwing my sheets and selling the bed due to the blue stain that I couldn't remove. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That same nite a guy that was also drinking the cruisers had passed out on the kitchen floor and peed himself, we even got a picture of him laying in this pool of blue urine Ah, those were the days...