Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-04-2001, 01:49 PM   #31
bogart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Make way Villainy...Hero coming through !! "" I love Minsc.
Old 06-04-2001, 05:34 PM   #32
E`bola
Dungeon Master

spoiler
in underdark when talk with grey dwarf about inprisoned mage
Valygar have good comentar about foil magic

------------------
mostly harmless
Old 06-04-2001, 05:49 PM   #33
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Spoil me, what is it?
Also, they removed one of Minsc's best sayings from BG1 "Full plate and packing steel!" or when you make Minsc the leader "Minsc will lead with blade and boot, Boo will take care of the details"
Old 06-04-2001, 11:58 PM   #34
Nostron
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Minor Spoiler Ahead

-
-
-
-
--
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-

-
-
-
Minsc and the Pirate Lord when you try to convince him that you are insane

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 06-02-2001).][/B]
Most definetely.... some funny shiet

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 06-05-2001, 01:31 AM   #35
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Possible spoilers..
>
>
>
>
>
Actually I liked taunting Bodhi at the start of the Asylum maze. Pretty fun since you're going to die. A lot of the Conversations in the Drow city are pretty cool too, like the one you get if you kill the trapped genie near the entrance. Defying females is fun

------------------
Why?
Old 06-05-2001, 02:33 AM   #36
Cayle
The Magister

Minsc when you first speak to the Mayor of Immelsvale:

"Wolves, Ogres, Witches, Oh My!"
Old 06-05-2001, 04:08 AM   #37
dafan

oh my: by Aerie

I love the smell of daises in the morning

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor

Old 06-21-2001, 05:53 PM   #38
Gustave
The Magister

I know this is a way old post, but some funny stuff in it. My favs were Minsc saying,"See battle Boo? Run Boo run!" Or talking with the Shadow Thief defectors in the 2nd level of an Inn by leading them to the text prompt,"You don't know his naaaaaaaame, you don't know his name!" Besides, those, Minsc is the funniest character period.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:05 PM   #39
Tancred
White Dragon

This'll take some explaining.

Okay... who's read Lord of the Rings? Anyone? Right. The scene in which Merry and Eowyn dispatch the Witch-King of Angmar is a controversial one, with many attributing the death of the Witch-King to Merry's well-timed kneecapping. Suffice to say, among easy-going Tolkien fans, this event has gained some notoriety, withthe visions of ninja halfling kneecapping death-squads and Gondorian archers aiming for the kneecap, and so on. To my friends and I, it's an amusing runnin gag.

So when I heard Jan shout out, in the middle of a battle, "BEWARE! YOUR KNEES ARE MINE!" I had to hit pause and laugh for the next half an hour.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:09 PM   #40
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
This'll take some explaining.

Okay... who's read Lord of the Rings? Anyone? Right. The scene in which Merry and Eowyn dispatch the Witch-King of Angmar is a controversial one, with many attributing the death of the Witch-King to Merry's well-timed kneecapping. Suffice to say, among easy-going Tolkien fans, this event has gained some notoriety, withthe visions of ninja halfling kneecapping death-squads and Gondorian archers aiming for the kneecap, and so on. To my friends and I, it's an amusing runnin gag.

So when I heard Jan shout out, in the middle of a battle, "BEWARE! YOUR KNEES ARE MINE!" I had to hit pause and laugh for the next half an hour.
ROFL!! I hadn't even seen the analogy yet...
Almost as funny as the episode in one of Pratchetts books where the witches are in a boat, and suddenly the see a .... log of wood with shiny eyes following them in the water.... and then Granny Weatherwax pulls out her broom and whacks him om the head!!! OMG that one cracked me up!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia