Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2000, 08:19 PM   #1
Grathian

Ok I am a highly annoyed right now. I just hit chapter 7. I was in the eleven city when I noticed that several of my magic items (weapons, bracers, cloaks) had vanished!!!!!!!
my staff of rynn, Bracers AC3, Cloak of mirrors, Cloak of displacement, Flail of ages.... all were just gone!!! They were equiped by the way. I am at a loss here. and the last archive save I have is a few days old. I finally got mad and just started a new character. Has anyone else had problems with equiped things vanishing???
Thanks
Grathian

Old 11-28-2000, 08:41 PM   #2
ironfist

I never had, but you can use the cheat code to
get them back.
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("item")

Old 11-28-2000, 10:47 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Yes I had some items disappear once but not that extensive. Once I went to have Jaheira cast an insect summoning spell and notice her magic button darkened. I checked and all her spells were gone. I checked her Priest scroll and all of her spells had been unmemorized. Sometimes some wierd things happen.
Old 11-29-2000, 12:44 AM   #4
Lokta

The most likely cause is being hit by a Nishruu. These summoned creatures (as per the 6th level Wizard spell) are supposed to drain charges out of charged items, but a bug causes them to destroy uncharged magical items (rings, bracers, pretty much everything magical) as well. This is IMO the most significant bug in the game that I've seen, it's also fixed in the new (beta) patch just released by Bioware. I know the Drow summon these hideous creatures, so that's probably where you lost them. I believe I lost Nalia's Signet Ring to a Nishruu, and I watched them destroy a Bracers of Defense A.C. 3 on my girlfriend's mage. Since you were wondering, I'll bet money that's what happened to your stuff.

Old 11-29-2000, 03:47 AM   #5
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

so thats what happened to my stuff... i always wondered where it went
Old 11-29-2000, 06:30 AM   #6
Sardonix

I'm not entirely sure, but once a buch of my items (randomly chosen, it seems) went missing after talking to some of the thieves in Mae'Var's Guildhouse. Anyone know if NPC's can pickpocket you? (Esp. the woman who flirts with you near the lockpicking doors, 2nd floor)

Old 11-29-2000, 04:49 PM   #7
Grathian

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Now I will not have to fling my cds across the room and use my play disc as a coaster. I'll make sure to get the patch before I go playing with anymore nishruu.