Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 04:36 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

okay so here it is...

after everything has been said and done and all the shit that has gone with my life, i have come to this conclusion that i already had but now still haunts me to this very day: I am in love with my best friend.

we have known each other for the same amount of time as Joelle (old timers unite [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and she is the only person that I really have never lost interest with. the both of them are the only ones whom i really know i am in love with... i dont' believe in courtship, and i believe that love develops... so there.

these two women are the only ones who have a special place in my heart... i already wasted one credit so to speak by not really doing anything with joelle, but now my best friend kara really makes me wonder...

i am content as of the moment that i am close to her as we can be, and i want it to be more and share stuff with her as i call it. it would be okay if she would refuse, but then i wouldn't feel bad because my feelings for her are above jealousy and all that which i am surprised with. i REALLY want to try it out with her, as we know each other lalala... but oh well...

now the dilemma is the well-known, "should i ask him/her" the question that can change the both of us forever...

Ryan
Old 10-01-2002, 04:52 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

no, my experience is these kind of things never go well. If you have a good friend in a girl don't ask her, it destroys everything you had before, and you'll end up feeling like the worlds biggest a$$hole for not just being content with what you had.

well but thats just my opinion... and experience... I could be wrong.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:38 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Déja vu, déja vu, déja vu... arrrggggghhhhh *brain explodes*

Sorry Bahamut, I know neither of you so I really wouldn't know what your best course of action would be. [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
Good luck anyway! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 05:43 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

life is short
Old 10-01-2002, 06:01 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just follow your heart.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:41 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Just follow your heart.
Since when was Walt Disney writing your posts? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sorry, Bahamut, but I have no idea. Yes, Jorath is right, these things can totally screw with your friendship, but then, as 250 said, life is too short. Sorry mate, good luck tho [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 01:22 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

damn dude, I don't know what to tell you, it's a tough position to be in, I'd say go for it, but it can make things extremely awkward if she says no, the problem I always had when I was single was I'd get to know them first before making any kind of move, and by the time I had developed feelings (more than initial hormones) I was always seen as more of a brother/best friend figure, and couldn't ever get away from that image, and despite my desire to stay close friends we always (without exception) drifted apart... go for it if you think you've got a shot, if you're really not sure how she thinks of you (as "just a friend" or possibly more) then I would let sleeping dogs lie, and dream fondly of what might have been, rather than face the depression resulting from rejection...
Old 10-01-2002, 07:52 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

it doesn't ruin friendships if they are strong, and you will never be happy about your situation if you don't ALWAYS take the chance.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:07 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

damn it damn it...

i am giving it time... i think i have a shot, but then i really do not know... as what happened recently... the girl was just a mess.. and i don't this to end up like that too
Old 10-02-2002, 06:06 AM   #10
The Trickster
Manshoon

Hmmm.... I loved a close friend of mine very much many years ago. As it turns out, I could only hold it in for so long, and ended up telling her. She told me it could never happen, and it shattered me completely.

Our friendship was never ever the same again, until we eventually lost contact. I don't think you should assume that this will happen to you, but I thought I should at least tell you of my experience.

The Trickster.
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.