Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #1
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I am in serious doubt whether or not to ADD Anomen to my current party, let's have a recap:

Fighter/Druid multiclass (scimitar/dagger)
Minsc (two-handed sword, maces, hammers)
Aerie (just casting spells)
Yoshimo->Imoen (for the roguish stuff)

Is it WORTH it to add Anomen? Now I have several things as options, as far as I can see:
- Add Anomen, suffering the cleric-too-much but have the romance and an extra fighter.
- Not add Anomen, not having to worry about another spellcaster but losing out on some romance and fighting prowess.
-Add Anomen, but turn him into paladin as soon as he makes his test. A viable option to me, as I don't agree with 2nd edition rules so I feel free to edit a bit. I will turn him into a cavalier ofcourse.

Note that I have no qualms about his personality. I like his arrogance, as it makes him an interesting character, unlike bland Valygar or Mazzy. How powerful they may be.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I say take Anomen with you. It's always wort to have an extra Cleric. That way Aerie can be your main spellcaster while Anomen takes care of the buffs.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I say that with 1/2 a Cleric, 1/2 a Druid, and (post-rescue) 1.5 Mages, that's plenty enough spellpower going around. Where the party is short is Warriors, IMHO.

And stop referring to Anomen "becoming a Paladin." It's very misleading for the newbies.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Allright Six, I plan to EDIT AND CHEAT Anomen into a paladin so he fits better into my party! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

that better?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yes, it is better. [img]smile.gif[/img] Anomen as a Paladin actually makes a lot of sense, and should be included in the "alternate versions of the NPCs" mod, along with Yoshimo as a Monk.

Weapon proficiencies, though.....one of his banters mentions his use of a spear, but that screws up his Shield.

"Point the sword, and I shall strike!"
Old 02-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

Anomen, personality aside, is a great cleric and a very solid tank, as is.

If you feel the need to have a paladin, just add Keldorn.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:47 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Yes, it is better. [img]smile.gif[/img] Anomen as a Paladin actually makes a lot of sense, and should be included in the "alternate versions of the NPCs" mod, along with Yoshimo as a Monk.

Weapon proficiencies, though.....one of his banters mentions his use of a spear, but that screws up his Shield.

"Point the sword, and I shall strike!"
I wonder when someone will actually gather all of our (mainly your) plans, Six, and compose an actual mod out of it. Emphasis on the word 'compose', which, in my eyes, does not mean the same as 'create'.

On that same thought, however, what is a Monk in your opinion, Six? Is it a zealot, a person who has devoted his life to his god and has sworn not to use weapons ever again save his fists? Or is a monk merely a martial artist? Maybe something else?

If Yoshimo becomes a Monk you might need to reconsider his former ties with Renal Bloodscalp. What would be his motivations to associate himself (he's no longer a thief, after all) with a local crimelord such as Renal?

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:50 AM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually, why could a lawful neutral monk not side with a thief? What if that monk thinks that will give him the opportunity to improve his skills?

As for the Weapon Proficiencies:
Anomen COULD have used a spear out of dire necessity without proficiency. I'm inclined to give him bastard sword proficiency, since nobody seems to use that anyway.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:49 AM   #9
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:

As for the Weapon Proficiencies:
Anomen COULD have used a spear out of dire necessity without proficiency. I'm inclined to give him bastard sword proficiency, since nobody seems to use that anyway.
I think that as a fighter he had spear proficiency, but it was lost when he dualed. IIRC he doesn't have enough proficiency points if he had started out with maces...

I'd say bastard swords fit well with his personality [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Actually, why could a lawful neutral monk not side with a thief? What if that monk thinks that will give him the opportunity to improve his skills?
It actually depends on the defenition of monk. My version of that class is the somewhat more zealous character (religious or not), and therefore I would find it hard to believe a monk would allow himself to be associated with thieves and the likes. Of course, your definition may differ from mine, but just see below the spoiler tags why I find a monk a hard-to-believe profession for someone like Yoshimo.

Slight Spoiler!
~
~
~
~
If we're looking for an example of a good monk, I think Balthazar in Throne of Bhaal perfectly well illustrates what I think being a monk is all about. Compare his behaviour to the (known) behaviour of Yoshimo and I see a big difference.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote