Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Diablo III - Lets all pick a server together to play on!

if you have a WOW Authenticator, then you can use it for Diablo III as well.. It adds a great secondary security.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=authenticator

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 AM   #32
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Btw, who is Themos/Themas ? Got a friend request from this person.

Edit - cancel that, just some guy from some forum want to add me.

Last edited by Kakero; 05-24-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK so you can look me up, OZGOD (or OZGOD1) I forget. I have a 25 monk, 24 barb, 11 DH, 8 WD and 6 Wiz!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think my battlenet is OZGOD1501

Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 AM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

So far I have added Luvian and Kak from here. Anyone else?

Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #36
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
So far I have added Luvian and Kak from here. Anyone else?
Wish I liked the game more or I would. I really don't get why this game is supposed to be good and think if wasn't named Diablo III and put out by Blizzard it would be already a has been game.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #37
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I'm not too worried about the mass hacking. At least I don't believe all the rumors. Some people say that just with your name they can bypass the login screen and directly get on your character. I don't believe that. It's more likely people are just brute-forcing your password, in my opinion.

Or maybe someone released a fake tool that's really a keylogger. I wouldn't be surprised if some noob downloaded a "diablo 3 trainer" and got hacked that way. That would explain why the hacked accounts reports are so vague. You wouldn't brag about it either.

I bought a security key anyway. I'm pretty sure that'll protect me.
Actually, a lot of the people that get hacked were naive enough to visit a site advertised by those goldsellers in WoW, if u go to one of those sites, u will get a keylogger and the next day your chars are stripped clean of all their belongings, and with a little bad luck ur account got banned by Blizz because the hackers rolled 40 or 50 lvl 1 chars to advertise their sites all over again, which leaves you explaining to Blizz that it wasnt you who did this and all that jazz which makes the process of getting back control of your own account take even longer than usual. Security keys arent bulletproof either, a friend of mine was using an authenticator and still got hacked. I's say that roughly 30% of all the people in my guild have been hacked once or twice in all the time they have been playing now, almost every week someone new falls victim to those scumbags.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Wish I liked the game more or I would. I really don't get why this game is supposed to be good and think if wasn't named Diablo III and put out by Blizzard it would be already a has been game.
Same here, i have been playing a while, went to level 8, and already got bored with the game. The simple click and go system is something i have done enough in one lifetime, i am really looking for something more challenging. I was playing a starters account, but i am definitely not going to upgrade it, it's simply not worth the 50€ imo.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #39
dplax
Jack Burton

I'll have to agree with LoA and Johnny.

I've played up until Act II in Nightmare and tbh, apart from the graphics and the crafting system, everything else got worse since Diablo II. And even the graphics are not that good with today's standards...

The skill system is way too simple and loses a lot of D2 complexity. You no longer get to distribute stat points. It's as if the game has been dumbed down. It has also lost the feel of the world that D1 and D2 built up and feels very much like you're just being led through the game.

You get quest objectives which don't make any sense... How should you know you have to go to point X after point Y? Half the fun in the previous games was not knowing what was to come. And now you know of half the bosses that you will fight hours in advance (or you can just look through the achievements and spoil yourself the whole story...). The betrayal in Act II was so very predictable that the bad writing just hurt...

There is no challenge at all in normal. The only challenge in Nightmare so far have been mortar bosses, and those only until you figure out that the mortar attacks have a minimum distance so you can cancel them out by moving close in. I don't mind being able to kill things, but this is ridiculously easy. There are some serious difficulty curve issues.

The Witch Doctor also seems way too powerful. You just sit back and shoot away at enemies while you hide behind a seemingly unending supply of summoned minions that very rarely can the monsters kill. Speaking of followers and minions...they're stupid. They'll walk through any pool of poison, wall of flame, etc, committing suicide very effectively. While I'd understand zombie dogs being this stupid, wouldn't a templar be intelligent enough to walk the extra two steps around the slimy pool of poison once the battle is done?

//act I end boss spoilers//
The only challenge so far comes from lag killing you. I know how to do the Butcher, I know how to dodge his claw pulling me in, how to let him hit the wall etc...but I'll just die as he draws me into a fiery lagdeath.
//end of spoilers//

Not sure whether it's just the EU servers or not, but lag in what is in name a single player game is horrible. I see why they did it, but they most definitely do not have the right infrastructure up even two weeks after launch.

Not to be all negative, the crafting system is actually quite good and would stand very well on its own Thing is you can get better items for cheaper in the auction house, which competes with the crafting system. Why would you want to spend all that money on upgrading the blacksmith to lvl 10 when for the same amount of gp you can buy your gear in the auction house...

All in all I don't regret buying the game. I'm down to under 1€/h and as a cost that's not all that bad. Certainly cheaper than going to the cinema...

Then again I don't see myself playing the game any more in a year's time, whereas I feel I might still dust off D2 or even D1 out of nostalgia. Titan Quest, which came out six years ago still sees regular playtime too and will probably do so for much longer than D3.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Anyone having problems logging on or joining game right now after the patch? I had to problem solve as my launcher kept hanging after the patch, I managed to bypass that, but now I can't join a game even though I can select Heroes etc.