Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-26-2003, 07:14 AM   #1
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

How much money do your characters generally use on drink?

At what class do you usually stay at inns?
Old 02-26-2003, 07:26 AM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I usually stay at the noble rooms at the inn, and maybe about 30 gp on drinks. I never found out what happened to your character when he gets drunk though, never saw any bad side effects [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I think it's some combat minuses, like fatigue.

I once beat a random encounter with a drunk solo sorceress without any spells left (I did use some potions of Speed, however).
Old 02-26-2003, 07:39 AM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I always go for luxery.. [img]smile.gif[/img] (Noble Rooms)

And I do not drink, because I do not want my character to have a hang-over next morning..
Old 02-26-2003, 08:50 AM   #5
Brennihelvete

Noble rooms of course. And I usually dont care about the drinks but next time Ill see an Inn Ill have my solo sorcerer waste a 1000 gp on drinks, just to see how well she can fight afterwards.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:01 AM   #6
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

once you get intoxicated, the bartender cuts you off, so you cant spend 1000gp on drinks (it only takes about 4-5 to get drunk)

i also dont spend any money on drink because it doesnt teach you anything. its like talking to generic civilians (ie peasent, nobleman etc). if they dont have a name, its not worth talking. unless its the first time you've played the game, because you CAN pick up a few hints on what quests are there to be done

as far as what room i rent, doesnt make much difference in BG2 for 2 reasons.

1. you have so many hit points, the 2 extra HP healed by sleeping in more expensive room is not worth the mouse click to change your selection from default
2. all remaining healing spells will be automatically be cast when you rest, which will usually have you fully healed before you even start sleeping. If it doesn't, the +2 HP healed wont matter either
Old 02-26-2003, 09:09 AM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

You don't need that much. Simply drink the cheap local (or ubiquitous) brands instead of expensive imported ales.

Drinking yourself senseless in Evermead: That is only to show how gangsta you are. BTW, I really think there should be a "buy round" option.

Well, I usually stay at merchant expense if I am in the middle of a quest and noble when I have finished something great and deserve a bit of luxury.

I usually let everyone in the party buy the first two drinks of their own choice. Any subsequent drink must not be more expensive than four gold.

If I come home from an especially difficult expedition everyone are allowed to drink at their heart's content. The same if something sad has happened. I almost let Korgan drink himself senseless, unless the party leader has clearly stated that it's only a short stop.

BTW, how many of you can imagine Aerie drunk?