Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2001, 07:46 PM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I headed into the crypt, on my way to my final battle with Bodhi, and there's just a small obstacle in my way.... ABOUT 15 VAMPIRES!!!! Ok, I can beat them, kinda hard, but I can, and all of my characters are alive at the end of the tussle, but all of my front line fighters are levels 4-8!! And this is AFTER I've already used up my restoration scrolls during the fight. So, my question would be, how can I beat the Vampires while remaining at a decent level?
All of my characters have near 2,000,000 XP and my party is:
Kensai
Minsc
Jaheira
Imoen
Keldorn
Aerie (although Bodhi snatched her away upon entering the graveyard district)

Anything I should do to increase my chances for survival?

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Midnight Mage of the TOTS Clan
Old 11-01-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
Skunk
Banned User

Ahhh. Now you know why Anomen made the better cleric....

Your only option now is to retreat, get yourself to a temple and pay for those restoration spells...
Old 11-01-2001, 08:02 PM   #3
willow2

Get Aerie to learn the Restore spell - lesser or greater. Cast it when all the vamps are dead (properly).

You could also use the negative plane spell which stops level drains - don't think it lasts very long though.

------------------
Regret nothing.

Old 11-01-2001, 08:21 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

To get ur person back, kill Bhodie, take her heart to the Umar Hills quest part(the temple with the shade lord). Go past the flamestrike part(spell amauntor) and put Aerie's body,(which u retrive from Aerie when she attacks u), and the heart of Bhodie, and ur character is alive(Note:bring the body of whoever got captured to their)

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 11-01-2001, 08:24 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

i think he means the first rumble with this vamp. ide say just roll in there with an undead hunter buffed with a protection from undead scroll and just start swinging, or just anyone with a protection from undead scroll cast on them it doesnt matter, theyll die all the same, as you just calmly walk around and murder the undead scum

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN
Old 11-01-2001, 10:02 PM   #6
Synthos
Manshoon

Try a sunray spell, can be cast with the daystar sword

------------------

Quote:
"Est Sularis Oth Mithas"-->Honour Is My Life
Old 11-01-2001, 10:25 PM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I reloaded, bought a bunch more Restoration Scrolls and I will pick up Viconia before heading in I think... Thanks for your help!

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Midnight Mage of the TOTS Clan
Old 11-02-2001, 05:01 AM   #8
Ezekial
The Magister

Pick up Vicona, set her to turn undead and watch those vamps fight each other! Then kill of the remaining without any reprisals! Oh yeah!
Old 11-02-2001, 09:02 AM   #9
hagimihale
Manshoon

Spoilers involved..

Two other items that will help:

Amulet of Power - gives constant Negative Plane protection (like the spell)

Upgraded Mace of Disruption - same benefit

I had Anomen wearing the Amulet (fighters cannot use it - I guess the game considers solely a cleric) and Minsc using the Mace. That way I only had to cast Negative Plane spell on Keldorn and was able to send all three into battle. I also prepared for that battle by resting beforehand and having Anomen memorize as many Negative Plane spells as he could.

Finally, when you returned from Underdark you could have recruited some backup:

1. You should have met Drizzt on the way back from the Underdark. If you're nice to him he offers to help and will meet you inside Bodhi's lair.

2. Go to Aran Linvale and request some help. He'll send some Shadow Thieves to meet you.

3. Go to the Order of the Righteous Heart. A squire will tell you to speak with the head Knight. He'll offer to send some Paladins to help.

Granted, you don't get as much experience with all the extras around... but I found that battle was a breeze as a result.