Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-23-2004, 07:39 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

i found this out on the spider eggs convo.
start a game and have your strongest (or weakest if you want to strengthen up)and go kill everyone you meet (including the toads, karielle and the gypsies) then come back, remove charactor from your party of six in the inn then reset your adventure.
sometimes you will have to start your exp points again but you will still have your skills left from when you reset which is good for quicker advancement. pick the person again and repeat until you are very strong.
any promblems i will have no idea myself but if a problem does occur (never on mine) dont do it.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:58 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

It shouldn't happen that you have to start your XP again. Reset Adventures places your characters at the beginning of the game, takes away quest items (not all of them), clears your role history and voids your guild membership and ranking but it does not affect abilities already reached by your chracters.

Therefore, the characters will keep their XP, character levels, skill levels, all traits, spells, HP, and mana points. They will also keep their inventories (except for certain quest items).

Yes, it's a way of making your characters strong - and you don't need to kill innocent bystanders. Pass the Crypt and you get about 60 000 XP (with the Crusade trait it's about 100 000 XP). Reset Adventures and do it again ...
Reset Adventures has anoter "feature". Because it preserves inventories, you can inherit valuable items from one game run to another. For example, once you gain good weapons, you can Reset Adventures, create a new party, and give it the weapons gained in the preceding game. Now, you can delete the old party. Only one thing: don't forget that every character has its own bank account. If you delete a character with money in the bank, the money is lost. Give the money to another character first.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 AM   #3
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

this is somthing off the topic, how come i turn into a paliden that i cant learn warlock spells anymore (moon etc)

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:11 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

That's because the paladin's magic is only the Spirit Magic. Warlock's magic is any magic.

In fact, your paladin can continue gaining spells in all magic schools he already knows. But you must differentiate between "natural" and "foreign" magic schools.

The natural magic schools for a given role are those magic schools listed in your manual. For example, paladins have Spirit Magic, rangers have Vine Magic, warlocks have all magic schools, barbarians none magic, and so on. All other magic schools are foreign.

If the magic school is natural, then you can gain spells up to spell level

min(character_level, spell_skill_level)

where the spell skill level is the corresponding "...craft" skill. Spiritcraft for Spirit magic and so on. If your paladin is level 5 and has Spiritcraft 4 then he can learn spirit spells up to level 4.

If the magic school is foreign, then you can gain spells up to spell level

min(character_level, spell_skill_level/2 rounded down)

If your paladin is level 5 and has Mooncraft 4 then he can learn moon spells up to level 2.

Naturally, if there aren't any spells which can be learned then you won't be offered to learn spells. If the paladin in our example already knows all level 1 and 2 moon spells then he won't be offered to learn moon spells - until you improve his Mooncraft to 6 at least.

[ 09-23-2004, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Radek ]
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 AM   #5
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Madre de Dios, but mathematicians are useful sorts
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote