Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
cerandil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alacrity (Alteration)
Level: 5
Range: 0
Duration: 1 Turn
Casting Time 1
Area of Effect: Caster

The use of an alacrity spell allows the wizard to speed up the casting of spells. All casting times are reduced by 2. Only spells cast within the alacrity spell's duration are affected.

Not anything flashy, but I'm new to IEEP. Been thinking that it's unfair that wizards don't get any benefit from haste. I based this on the 3rd level PnP spell of the same name. The higher 5th lvl here is to account for the fact that the PnP version only affects spell lvls 1-5, while this speeds up ALL levels.

Feel free to comment. I have no way to post this on the Web, so if anyone wants to put it up on their site that would be cool.
cerandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
BaRoN NiGhT

well,nice work there. but u actually get the spell aclarity on spell level 10.ToB only.

--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #3
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Ah, who needs that spell? I have a collection of items that reduce my mages casting time by 5 in total. One of them is a necklace tha reduces it by one, and I think a ring is another one...I really can't remember now...but you should see him casting a fireball...instant! Just points his hand and one erupts within half a second. Really cool, and helpful, especially with higher level spells...

[ 06-30-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:29 PM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
well,nice work there. but u actually get the spell aclarity on spell level 10.ToB only.

--------------------
But Improved Alacrity takes up valuable spell slots, and it also destroys casting interval. I think it's a very good idea, but does it stack with items? Any good mage should have items that reduce his casting time by at least 2, so it should stack for max effect. This could work well if you wanted to keep certain enemies close (for fireball, GM, etc.) Also, congrats, I sure couldn't make anything like that. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 01:53 AM   #5
cerandil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, it's stackable with any items your character is wearing. So alacrity + Robe of Vecna + Amulet of power = max possible casting time of 3 [img]smile.gif[/img] Worked very nicely when I tested it.
cerandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:01 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have my mage using the Robe of Vecna and the Amulet of power, which greatly reduced casting time. If you read the info for the Robe of Vecna, it says that it's nothing compared to the Eye of Vecna and Hand of Vecna. Can these items be found in the game? If so, where?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:07 AM   #7
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
I have my mage using the Robe of Vecna and the Amulet of power, which greatly reduced casting time. If you read the info for the Robe of Vecna, it says that it's nothing compared to the Eye of Vecna and Hand of Vecna. Can these items be found in the game? If so, where?
uhm..., i don't think its u can find it.cause just like what is is said in its description:Still, from simply being worn by the powerful lich.A lich is still wearing it.

--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:12 AM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Originally posted by Baron Night:
Quote:
uhm..., i don't think its u can find it.cause just like what is is said in its description:Still, from simply being worn by the powerful lich.A lich is still wearing it.
Good call

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:39 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

Well to all you modders out there: make a quest where you'll be followed by some priests of Vecna for owning the cloak. Eventually you'll be able to defeat Vecna himself (very very tough fight) and Cromwell/Cespenar can forge the Cloak and Eye and Hand into a very good item. Just an idea [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:09 AM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by cerandil:
Alacrity (Alteration)
Level: 5
Range: 0
Duration: 1 Turn
Casting Time 1
Area of Effect: Caster

The use of an alacrity spell allows the wizard to speed up the casting of spells. All casting times are reduced by 2. Only spells cast within the alacrity spell's duration are affected.
Maybe I'm not getting that right but:
Since you can only cast one spell/turn Alacrity would only affect the next spell or even worse nothing.
Wouldn't it be like: Cast Alacrity -> casting time reduced, wait for next round to cast next spell -> next round starts spellcasting is possible but Alacrity has already expired.