Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 12:53 AM   #1
Pennance
The Magister

I'm wondering how many people have played the game that started it all, the original RPG that Baldur's Gate was built on. I'm referring to the Dark Sun game of which the name I can't quite recall. Its been a long time and I can't find the disc anywhere, but the game was sweet as hell and truly set the stage for BG. Anyone else seen this game?
Old 05-13-2001, 03:02 AM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

Oh, yeah! It was the first, well no, actually 2nd, one of these CRPGs that I ever completed. Great fun, as Minsc would say.

Old 05-13-2001, 03:40 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

I have never played this game but found a fan site here:

http://www.darksuncentral.com

I haven't looked at the site myself, so can't recommend it as such!

One game I enjoyed, while very different to the BG series, was a game called Legends of Valour. It could be played with 3rd or 1st person view (at a time when FPS games were not commonplace) and involved running round doing various 'fetch and carry' type quests to earn money in a big city whilst looking for your cousin Sven who had gone missing. The graphics were excellent for the time, although look a bit blocky now! You had to join guilds and temples and rise through the ranks, and there was a bit of sword fighting involved too, with lots of monsters, especially the vampires & werewolves which roamed the streets at night. It was the first game I played where you generated your own character.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-14-2001, 12:21 AM   #4
Pennance
The Magister

I do think that's the coolest looking picture I've seen in a Signature spot!
Old 05-14-2001, 12:24 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennance:
I do think that's the coolest looking picture I've seen in a Signature spot!
In that case head over to general dicussions and have a look they have some great ones over there. And have you introduced yourself over there yet?

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."