Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 01:24 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Light Bulb

Well, this was an interesting evening of gaming. Let Truffles, the Ghourk barbarian, tell you about it...

We wuz headin' back to Valeia cuz we finally took care of that Tevik Teaspoon guy, and we wuz anxious to put a cork in Roendalf's mouth. Or more, iffen ya know whut I mean. Only problem is, we gets back to da raft, and dere's about a hunnert barracudas swimmin' around it.

No problem, says Twinkletoes da elephant. I gots a new spell... firestorm. It should take care of them fishies.

What about the raft, I says.

No problems, he says. Rafts are easy.

Yeah. Easy like I ain't seen but this one in the last three weeks we've adventuring here.

Now, we'd heard about these here storms spells. And we also know Twinkletoes' abilities. So as he's castin' the spell, the rest of us slowly back away...

The spell works like a charm. Fireballs is fallin' from da sky, cookin' da barracuda fishies. Only, there's one thing wrong. As I takes a look, the fireballs ain't fallin' from da sky. They's shootin' up from the ground, headin' up into da sky! Needless to say, we all step even further back, but we don't have to worry. Ol' Twinkletoes doesn't have that kind of range... yet...

So we finally gets back and Smitty asks us to check for the sword of Mastus. Bein' we gots a friend on the outside, we know it's down in the crypt, in one o' the tombs. So we all traipse on over, jump over the hole in the stairway, swim to the crypt, and look at the door.

Oh, yeah, says Panthera the kitty paladin. We didn't open the rest of the crypts when we were here before. So... where did we put that gold key?

Well, Panthera checks her pack... no key. As the resident locksmith, I check mine... no key. Twinkie checks, Mel'issa the cleric checks, Al'ris the elven Wizard, and even Ssslither the new lizard barbarian checks. No key.

Okay. Dis ain't good. Lessee... the gods used to leave keys near where you used 'em, cause they don't disappear on ya. So... where did we leave it?

We check the tomb area. Nuffin'. The tunnels. Ditto. The asylum. Same thing. We go over every freakin' inch o' the place, and nothin'. We do find a couple of bags of gold we missed the first time, but no key. And we give ol' Rumphy a good beatin' 'cause we ain't in a good mood.

Dis really ain't good. We head back to Valeia, scouring the path in case we dropped it along the way. Some skeletons get another beatin' but no key.

Maybe we sold it in one o' the shops. No dice. We're gettin' ready to lift up every rock in the lands o' Valeia, lookin' for this key.

Suddenly, whisker-face sez, hey, waitaminnit! I didn't check my front pocket. She sticks a hand in, pulls out a couple of potions and the FREAKIN' GOLD KEY!

She had it all the time... the witch. As we run back to the crypt yet again, I notice that I'm not the only one conveniently bumping into here so she falls on the ground.

*sing-song* "forgot to look in my pocket"

Sheesh! I'm glad that's over! Now, on for the serpent temple...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:23 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Whoa wait...the fireballs came out of the ground??? I've never seen that before, did it happen after you installed the patch or did you not install it yet?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:57 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

They came out of the water, actually... and no, I've never seen it before either. It didn't happen the next time I tried to storm some fish, so it must have just been special
-+-+-+
Old 09-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And just an update... fireballs came out of the ground again last night. It seems to involve fish under the raft... and perhaps getting one that's just peeking out over the water. I get lots of "The raft is not affected" messages...

I may have to try for a screen capture of this one, if I can reproduce it again. A new edition of the Gael Serran Examiner may be in the offing...

I tried it with meteorstorm, but it doesn't work quite so well. The meteors seem to stay in the water, and don't fly up to the sky. More experimenting is required... and perhaps more Boogre Brew [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]

Forgot to mention one thing (perhaps related to Boogre Brew)... during the battle with Ellysia, I ran back up the stairs towards the entrance to that part. When I ran back down, I fell through the floor -- literally! That last step was nasty, and I was waist-deep in old stone, with priests throwing venom bites and other nasty things at me No jumping or anything would work, and this party doesn't have any moon magic yet So it was reload time, yet again...

[ 09-08-2004, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Old 09-23-2004, 12:28 AM   #7
Eagle eye
Elminster

I once fell waist deep into the puddle in the tunnels leading to Shinwiki's hut.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote