Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-18-2000, 11:25 AM   #1
Ronn

I've searched for the other posts on Kangaxx and read them all but....

The first time I used the scrolls of magic protection and protection from undead on Minsc it worked great, with one exception. Kangaxx would not die! I guess I hit a glitch because, he did not give the speach before becoming the demi lich, and in fact, did not become the demi lich! Misc did over 1,000 points of damage before I reloaded.

Also, I'd read the lich was stationary, so I placed the rest of my party by the door and sent Misc out on his own, but the lich did move around the room after my main character.

After reloading, I figured it would be a quick kill. I protected both my main character(Monk) and Minsc as described above. Before he became the demi lich he dispelled my protections, but my mage reapplied the scrolls to both. But it didn't matter, he cast imprisionment on them time and time again. I've done it with the protection scrolls about 10 times now and it's always the same.

HELP!!!!!!

Quick Question, if it takes a +4/+5 weapon to hit the lich and he cast protection from magic weapons aren't we screwed? Which spell removes that best? Pierce? Secret Word?

Old 12-18-2000, 01:30 PM   #2
ironfist

To hit the lich you need +3 or better, and +4 or better to hit the demilich.
You can use Breach to dispell the protecton from magic weapons.
I dont think the lich can dispell protection from magic from scroll,
never happened to me.
You said the demilich moved around, maybe you stood wrong, you
shall stand toward the coffin not besides the coffin to block the way.

Old 12-18-2000, 03:41 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you have spell strike, use it...it will take away all of the spell protection (eg. the annoying "spell turning"), make sure a mage or cleric in your party have true sight on. Summon bunch of creature to distract the lich and have clerics cast bolt of glory or similar spells. And hack away with your fighters (of course).
Once he becomes the demi lich, if you have a berserker in the party (the ideal scenerio), enrage him/her and have him/her stay in front of the demi-lich. Since the demi-lich does not switch target, the imprisonment will not work on the enraged character. When the demi-lich is occupied, hack away with your fighters with any +4 or better weapons. I have found many spells are ineffective against the demi-lich, I guess toe-to-toe hack-n-slash is better in this case......
Old 12-18-2000, 06:48 PM   #4
Ronn

Thanks for the help guys, but suddenly, while fighting the demilich for the 20th time, I had an epiphany!

A Protection From Magic Scroll! A GREEN Protection Scroll! Not a blue protection from magic energy spell scroll that can be learned!

For some reason, I never ever use those green scrolls, so even though everyone told me what to do, I was killing myself doing it the hard way because I wasn't listening.

I got 3 SCROLLS OF PROTECTION FROM MAGIC, then used 1 each on Misc, Brother Elon(my monk), and N'nor(my mage). What a waste! They pounded the lich, without mercy, into evil dust without anyone even getting hurt. I wish I'd only used one of those scrolls, but after wasting hours with Kangaxx I was ready to put him down without having to reload...lol.

I know why there are only 3 of these scrolls though. If you could buy all you wanted, it would seriously impair the balance of the game.

Thanks Again

Old 12-18-2000, 07:03 PM   #5
Holy Mage Wah

I just battered him with melf's minute meteors whilst he tried to imprison my wizard eye.

Heh heh stupid skull - just a floating nuthead!!

Old 12-18-2000, 07:07 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Getting really curious now...
Have to confess: I never fought Kangaxx!!!! Well I did fight him once but the game got caught in some sort of glitch and he never turned into the demi-lich and he didn't die: did 1000000000000000 damage and stupid thing just kept saying : Near Death