Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-25-2001, 07:53 PM   #1
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I have an entire party of chars with 3 charisma, with the leader wearing the ring of human influence whenever I go talking to someone. I have yet to come across something that would make me wish for higher charisma for my group. Is there anything that I should about?

[img]graemlins/warrior1.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2001, 07:58 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Prices in stores will be lower when you have high charisma. In BG1, NPCs would react differently depending on your charisma, and even refuse to join your party if it was low enough. I assume this is the same in BG2. I would imagine some characters will react slightly differently to you when your charisma is REALLY low (like 3)
Old 11-25-2001, 09:40 PM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

All it says in the manual is that rep affects store prices, not charisma. Is it not telling the whole story? This is BG2 by the way.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:31 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

In some dialogues u get different options and/ or abilities with diferent things.
An example for charisma is in the fighter stronghold. IN one of the quests u have to pay a lot of money to some people, but if u have high charisma (i think about 16+) then u can get away with paying the partial amount.
As for the manual niot saying anything about it, 1.It has alot of errors 2. It does say that charisma affects morale- if the party leader has a high charisma, then morale failure has less chances of occuring
Old 11-26-2001, 02:42 AM   #5
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

so even with morale, it is only the leaders charisma that gets checked so it is fine to have group of 3's with the leader 16-18. That is the first useful thing I have heard for charisma, but I think it should have a direct effect on prices. Does that change in ToB?