Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2001, 05:00 PM   #1
Whichdctor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I`ve just started playing with the cavalier palladin after just comleting the game with a blade, and i dont seem to be abel to find a keep or base for the palladin...
is there actually one, or am i wasting my time searcing for something that diesnt exist??
Old 11-27-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

There is, just talk to Lord Jierdan in the copper coronet. Gealen will automaticly give you ur stronghold quest wen you first meet him btw.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:09 PM   #3
Tyronius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think you have to kill the shade lord in Umar hills to become the head of the paladin keep... not sure though
Old 11-27-2001, 09:21 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Tyronius:
I think you have to kill the shade lord in Umar hills to become the head of the paladin keep... not sure though

No it's not the Umar hills. Do as Dreamer said and you'll be fine. If you don't have a clue with just that then go to every location in the city. Look at the flags on your map and you should find it. Remember, paladins are lawfull good. So if you find a building that has 'good', 'noble' or some such words in its discription, it's probably that building.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:31 AM   #5
Whichdctor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

first of all, sorry about the bad spelling on the first post....it had been a long day [img]smile.gif[/img]
but anyways, i`ve done firkraags dungeon and killed him as well (hes not as hard as many people say??), and i went back to talk to the guy in the hut, who then thanks you and says that the 'Order of the radiant heart' would gadly accept me and that i must speak to the prelate in the building. However i have spoken to all the knights and searched all the rooms there are, and nobody will offer me a place..

help me again.....please guys [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 07:36 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Actually, I believe you need to tell Firkraag you'll be back for him later, and refrain from killing him. Then, when you return to the Radiant Heart building, you will get the quest to go and kill him. Once you do, you will be accepted into the order. This gives you more XP as well. I hope you still have a savegame from before you killed Big Red!

If not, try talking to the prelate, who is in the small room in the North of the Most Noble etc building and Ryan Trawl, who is standing in the great hall in front of the entrance. If neither of them has anything new to say to you, I think you may have lost your chance at completing your stronghold quest
Old 11-28-2001, 07:39 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Just for clarity's sake:

Paladin Stronghold Quests:

First, you will be sent to the Umar Hills where you need to help a landowner stop a rebellion. When you arrive there, you find out that the landowner has stolen the land from the peasants, and you can help them defeat the tyrant. Upon returning to the Most Noble Order, you will be asked to defend the daughter of a nobleman who is threatened by assassins. This quest takes place in the Bridge District. After that, you will get the quest to kill Firkraag.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:40 AM   #8
Whichdctor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

damn, i only use 1 save slot, and i`ve ovrwritten it aready..
ah well, if its anyting like the playhouse that my bard had then its not worth having...
Old 11-28-2001, 07:50 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

If I may give you one small piece of advice; ALWAYS use at least two different save slots, plus your quick- and autosave, and if possible, even more! It will save you a LOT of pain, trust me.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:54 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The Bard's stronghold is one of my favourites! You get to direct a play and even act in it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Not to mention that you get 2000 Gps per week when all is done and dandy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, you need to talk to the Prelate. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]