Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 11:26 PM   #1
Top Dog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Apparently, somehow I missed a deadline in the UD, and now the Drow are onto me. Wierd, since Phaere said I had to meet her in 3 days (which have not passed).
I just killed the beholder, and she told me to meet her in the tavern in 3 days. Solufein did not give me any other quests.
After I rested twice, Solufein appears and says that I missed a deadline, and they are onto me, and he attacks. Sure enough, in the global variables, it says that "adrowtimerhasexpired".

How can I fix this? I have NO saves before this time. I do not intend to completely restart the game! (
I tried removing the above notation in the variables, as well as changing the Solufeinlikes variable to 1. No dice. What am I missing? Anyone know how to fix this one? (Unfortunately, Shadowkeeper does not show local variables...)

Thanks in advance for any help you might give.
Old 11-27-2001, 12:37 AM   #2
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Can you still get out of town, or what is the problem? I don't think I am senior enough to welcome you, but welcome anyway.

[img]graemlins/warrior1.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 01:00 AM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

No one else seems to be addressing this so I will try. If you kill the whole town, which isn't that tough, you can still get the real eggs and take them to the dragon. I am sure of the xp you will miss out on by doing it this way. You can still do the Beholders lair, and the Mind flayers place and get all the necessary equipment there. If it is the bug where the Matron Mother closed off the town, and you can't escape, just Debug Mode=1 and then CLUA to an area just outside of town. I am not sure of the area, but bgdungeon and baldurdash describe it and it's easy. If someone knows the exact area, that could help you.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:39 AM   #4
Whailor

Yes, it's actually the stupid thing which bothered me as well. I finished some quest and figured that I try to do something else, like check that lich tower or so and remem the spells. I rested for 8 hours and then they came after me. Well, fine I killed all who came but still it's beyond me - 3 days should be 3 days, not like 3 minutes or so heh.. So beats me, I would like to know this myself.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:57 AM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yep, happened to me, when I accidentally went to the Illithid dungeon before I got the quest from Matron Mother. Go to the Temple, kill everybody there, get the true eggs, Invisible everybody, (or not, if you just want to kill 'em all, like the prev. post said-I've done that too) anyway, if Matron Mother hasn't sealed the town, just waltz out, give the eggs to Adalon, and you're golden. BTW, NEVER go into a new area without saving, first. If MM has sealed the town, kill her, that unseals it. She's at the Temple.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-27-2001, 08:13 AM   #6
Top Dog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I know, I can kill the whole town.
The problem is that I wish to get back on the course where I can do all of the quests in the drow village. (That's what sets this game apart from the normal "hack-n-slash" ones. If you just kill everything to win, it gets a little dull and pointless, eh? )

So, I guess the question is this - how do I reset the variables so that they don't attack me? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2001, 06:11 PM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I'm in the underdark now and I checked my global settings. The only one drow related was.

Drowtalk 5

Hope that helps.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:21 PM   #8
Top Dog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
I'm in the underdark now and I checked my global settings. The only one drow related was.

Drowtalk 5

Hope that helps.

There are many, many more.
Anything starting with "UD..." is UnderDark related. You get a number with "Sol..." (Solufein), "Phaere....", etc.
Could you send me a copy of your globals? Thanks!
Old 11-27-2001, 06:33 PM   #9
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

How? I can send you a copy of the save. And then you can look from there.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:51 PM   #10
Top Dog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
How? I can send you a copy of the save. And then you can look from there.

How large is a save file? I have a very slow connection (26k), so it may not be possible.

Alternately, cut and copy the variables from Shadowkeeper, and paste them on a message. That would be a LOT less time consuming to send...