Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 07:23 PM   #1
Kyra

I just offttt Cet(yawn)...and I would like to move my new Zeni up a bit before starting over...I assumed that I would gain enlightenment by becoming a Zeni...but didn't happen...any ideas on getting this cool trait/characteristic...

Thanks before hand...

PS-I think I'm going to play through again...just to surprise those overgrown maneating shrubs with bad breath instead of the other way around

K Y R A
Old 01-18-2001, 07:39 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

As far as I know, no one has discovered how to gain enlightenment - even the strategy guide doesn't know! This may be something they intended to include but cut in the game at the last minute - too late to cut it from the manuals and strategy guide. Or maybe some lucky soul will become enlightened and then enlighten the rest of us on how to do so!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 09:45 PM   #3
Gauleiter

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing it in ROSTER.DAT while I was scanning through hex editing to my heart's content... but, then again, I saw several non-traits listed as traits, such as Faery Wings and something to do with blood; possibly more things that were cut from the final version...

Side Note: Activision's site says that Pixies can eventually learn to fly (Faery Wings Trait?), but that obviously isn't happening in my game...
Old 01-19-2001, 05:36 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Scronan managed to learn enlightenment from the Bushi guild - said it cost 50 grand. He learned it at level 14 Zenmaster and he thought that was the key. Went and raised my guy to level 14, then 15 zendude just to try and get it - no go - this may be pennance for killing a watcher (skewered the old oak I am ashamed to admit), but I don't think so, because Scronan wasted Erathsmador. There must be a pre-condition I haven't met. Heard of somene acquiring the fairy wings in an extremely early post (ie November) - they were extremely surprised and wanted to know what they were. Never found them with my pixie. Good luck on your hunt - I will be watching out to find out if someone can help me ENLIGHTEN
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Back to the top,..... cos I wanna know!!!!
Old 01-19-2001, 11:48 AM   #6
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Davros

I'm not sure why you are not getting Enlightenment. When my 5 Zenmasters hit level 14 or so, they all were able to get it for 50,000 gold.

Davros, try and get to level 16...maybe it is actually higher, my characters went and offed Oakenmir (sorry wyv) and all went to level 20. So, get those levels up. I really dont think killing NPC's does anything to affect getting traits.

What is this about Fairy Wings? I do know there are quite a few traits that I haven't heard anyone talk about or discover, like Soul Bane and others. Sound like Valk to me, but I don't know.

Hope this helps.....you know maybe you have to offer the guild master some Vegemite...

Tee hee hee!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:16 PM   #7
Kyra

I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT...I HAD MY CHARACTER AS A 39TH LEVEL NINJA AND THEN A 19TH LEVEL VALK...BUT...I WAS ONLY A 14TH LEVEL ZENI...SO I TRIED OFFING OKIMIER(BIG TREE GUY)...........SORRY GUYS AND GALS.......... JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN WHEN I SURPASSED MY PREVIOUS HIGHEST LEVEL CHARACTER(39TH LEVEL NINJA)...I T W O R K E D...I WAS ABLE TO GET ENLIGHTENMENT AND CHI MASTER FROM THE BUSHI DOJO...(for 50k)

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING...K Y R A

I GUESS KILLING TREE BOY WON'T BE SO BAD BECAUSE I'M GOING TO RESET THE GAME...

??? SO WHILE I'M AT IT, SHOULD I KILL THE DRAGON TOO ???????????????
Old 01-19-2001, 05:23 PM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK - off to kill more stuff (once I format my hard drive, get my new graphics card going, and re-install the game).
Old 01-19-2001, 06:12 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ages ago some player mentioned having got Faery Wings and I did ask how but don't believe I ever saw a reply. Perhaps I should go searching.

Nice to know about enlightenment - need to add these things to the list since the manual and the strategy guide or woefully incomplete!

Go team!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 11:45 PM   #10
sarcomere

i do know that your guild rank determines what skills/traits they will teach you, most require a rank of 4 or higher. your level shouldn't matter(i don't think).