Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

Which of all the characters in BG did you like?

Renal Bloodscarp was a nice character. Great dialogue and fun attitude towards killing, yet he wasn't a pervert like Mae'Var(with what he was doing with that slave). Despite being a thief, he was very charismatic and polite towards the protagonist. Him on Mae'Var: "Good thief, but I never liked him. Now I know why."

The second character that I have to mention is Esamon.. Saemon Havarian. Now THAT'S a Charisma 18 character! He betrayed everything and everybody he came to contact with, and still always got away with it.

What do you think?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
"Yes, I'm still here."

I really liked Renal, too. I like it when evil characters are charming. Just because you're ruthless doesn't mean you have to skulk around, plotting constantly.

My favorite characters include Jahiera and Viconia (Love their banters, battlecries, and my favorite voiceacting), Jan and Edwin (Extremely funny), good old Johnny Boy (Excellent voiceacting), and of course the party of Tim (Who has magic missile)

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:20 PM   #3
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I like all the stupid things cernd says, but overall id prolly have to go with cespenar.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Edwin,Renal Bloodscalp and of course everybody`s favourite Final Boss.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:35 PM   #5
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

well, I for one, am not that fond of Irenicus. I cannot make myself liking someone who would say to people something like "you have no purpose but to die in my hands." no matter how cool the way he says it or there's a sophisticated background story behind to make him say so (the depth of the Irenicus story, honestly imo, is still to be desired in SoA).

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:

The second character that I have to mention is Esamon.. Saemon Havarian. Now THAT'S a Charisma 18 character! He betrayed everything and everybody he came to contact with, and still always got away with it.
he can always get away with it because the game cheats. I always kill him before he teleport away from the ship, but he keeps on living anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-09-2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 04-09-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Oh, killing him is the best part in the game. And notice that I only said I liked the voiceacting on Johnny Boy, not the character himself.
I did like some of Saemon's lines, however.
"Sir, you must believe I speak with utter sincerity when I say Mara! GET HIM!"

Oh oh oh! And I can't believe I forgot! The very best NPC in the entire series!

The Spectator Beholder!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #7
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

Sunglass Man

I admit I've got some weird, fangirlish crush on Saemon Havarian. There's just something about him... *sigh*

Edwin is another favorite of mine, and I've been eagerly awaiting the Edwin Romance Mod to be written, and I think at least one person thought I was nuts for it, but I like evil, arrogant wizards. And Edwin's just fun.

I also agree with the person who mentioned Cespenar. I LOVE Cespenar. I just love his voice. He's so cute, I just have this urge whenever I talk to him to find anyone nearby in the house and show him to them.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #8
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyLuthien:
I admit I've got some weird, fangirlish crush on Saemon Havarian. There's just something about him... *sigh*

Edwin is another favorite of mine, and I've been eagerly awaiting the Edwin Romance Mod to be written, and I think at least one person thought I was nuts for it, but I like evil, arrogant wizards. And Edwin's just fun.

I also agree with the person who mentioned Cespenar. I LOVE Cespenar. I just love his voice. He's so cute, I just have this urge whenever I talk to him to find anyone nearby in the house and show him to them.
Hmmm... That romance might get interesting during Edwin's own quest
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:57 PM   #9
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyLuthien:

Hmmm... That romance might get interesting during Edwin's own quest, where he gets *cough* a little too cute
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:53 PM   #10
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

HAHAHA spectator beholder? cha, id neeber over him, what does he say thats funny or amusesing?

This might be rendered moot if u wer being sarcastic, which is somehow difficult to detect on type.