Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 11:09 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

How long was it before you started chapter 4? In days according to the games world. I seem to not be finding as cool of items as you all, or doing as many quests, yet i'm at 60 days and i just took out bohdi's little guild.

Also, how many chapters are there?

Dulouz
Old 05-30-2001, 11:12 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
There are a total of 7 Chapters.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 12:22 AM   #3
disregardedjello
Elite Waterdeep Guard

its not about how long it takes to beat the game or how many quest you complete. for you first time through just beating the game is neat. everybody here who talks about the neat toys and weapons has beat it millions of times. you can go back and find all the fun stuff on your next time through. thats what i did anyways. also strategy guides can be helpful.

jello
Old 05-31-2001, 12:36 AM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Not sure how long it takes to get to Chapter 4, but for me every day in this game is great - no matter how many times I play it! So do not count days - just have fun!
And welcome to the board!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Old 05-31-2001, 12:40 AM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by dulouz:
How long was it before you started chapter 4? In days according to the games world. I seem to not be finding as cool of items as you all, or doing as many quests, yet i'm at 60 days and i just took out bohdi's little guild.

Also, how many chapters are there?

Dulouz
Just enjoy the ride.... The last part of the game seems to FLY by. The urgency kind of builds, you'll find yourself moving a lot faster. Right now, you're still gathering your items, skills, and levels. Soon, (VERY soon) you'll find yourself swept away with the game...

I envy everyone who is playing for the first time.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil.

"Let them come. Let them ALL come."
Old 05-31-2001, 12:42 AM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OOOOPPPPPSSSSS, Sorry...

WELCOME to IronWorks !!!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil.

"Let them come. Let them ALL come."

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 01:02 AM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

my first time through i got to chapter 4 on the 5th day with a decidedly unprepared party because i had talked to basically everyone in athkatla and picked up all the quests but didnt finish them because i assumed i was in a rush to get imoen back.

spoiler

chapter 2 is initiated by going to the slums the first time. you can't avoid it once you exit irenicus's prison, so enjoy the promenade.

chapter 3 is started once you join on with either the shadow thieves or bodhi. once you eliminate the rival (either the guild or "bodhi") you're in sort of a limbo until you're ready to board the ship for spellhold, which begins chapter 4.

my advice is dont join on with either group until you've done all the subquests you want. once you hit spellhold there's very little room to move storyline-wise.

------------------
blessed are the cheesemakers