Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-30-2001, 04:14 AM   #1
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Im having a little trouble here. I had entered the Drow city, and started doing the quests there. I defeated the beholder, I went to the gnomes and got the helm, met the girl in her room, Got the cloak from the Drow male, Met the Patron who took my vials of blood, I went to go back to the girl, but met a couple Drow with quests. One had the rope to the lich tower, and a girl who wanted me to fight some enemy worshippers and their Jellies. SO I raided the lich tower, I fought the enemy worshippers, but on my way back to the tavern/girl area, the girl appeared saying my disguise was up. SO she and all the drow started to attack me. I fought my way through the city, I got to the exit to only be told the city was locked up.
I went to the temple where everyone attacked me, I killed them all. I searched the entire city on how to get out, but can't find an exit. I found the dragon egg in the Drow Temple, but every Drow is attacking me, so they are all dead. Now, I can't find a way out since the City exit is closed.
Is there a way out? I read the walkthrough, which seems to say that I missed a complete set of quests with replacing dragon eggs, etc. I never saw those things, I was jumped by the girl Drow who said my disguise was revealed, and since everything is dead, I don't know where the matron is to release me.
SO am i basically stuck with a plot ender? DO I have to play the entire dungeon over again for some stupid reason? Or is there some way 0ut of this Plot mess.
Help! I never attacked anything first, the entire city just turn against me after I exited the Lich home. Now im all along in this city with some caged slaves ! LOL!
Old 05-30-2001, 04:44 AM   #2
Cayle
The Magister

Please add a spoiler warning in the future. You gave a lot away there.

Spoiler below.

Sounds like you took too long. Phaerie (sp?) blows your cover if you take too long between starting after the blood and the ceremony. (The one the matron is using your blood for). I never had this problem, but you might want to look back into the temple. If I recall, the gates are opened when the matron dies, she MIGHT be n the chamber off to the left. That is where the ceremony might have taken place.

In the worst case, you can console your way out. I forgot the area code for the underdark, but I think it is 2301,2401,2501 or something like that. Just save your game and experiment. I still recommend finding the matron if at all possible. You have already put a lot of sweat into the game to get this far and it would be a shame to cheat and ruin it now.

------------------

- Cayle
Old 05-30-2001, 04:45 AM   #3
Cayle
The Magister

By the way, WELCOME!!!

------------------

- Cayle
Old 05-30-2001, 06:53 AM   #4
Vampire

spoiler

1/ You are supposed to:
a) get Phaera's fake eggs and swoop with the real ones.
b) the Drow male who you shouldn't have killed will give you another set of fake eggs to give to Phaera.
Then the demon gets annoyed and kills Mother Matron and Phaera and you legg it back to the happy silver drag!

YOU MUST KILL MOTHER MATRON to get OUT! She is in the locked area of the Lloth Temple.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:51 AM   #5
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yea, I had to redo the DROW quests all over again, basically The Drow city quests are linear in nature, something I really hate in Roleplaying games, and didn't expect to run into in BG2. You have to do 1, then 2, then 3, etc. If you miss a step, you are stuck. You can't even just skip the city and continue on through the game, you are stuck and have to restart that section.
What happened was that I had 1 hour to meet the girl back in her room. If i had done that, I would have continued with the egg quest and finished up the city, but I ran into 2 subquests on the way, and turned to do them. The lich tower and the Worshippers. Doing those 2 quests took more than an hour, She came looking for me, revealed me, and I was screwed.
For everyone who is in the Drow city, make sure you read up on what to do. Since you have to do everything in a basic set order, and if you don't you hit a plot ender in the game, I consider this part of the game something you should read up on.
I don't like to use cheats and walkthroughs until I already go through those parts of the game, just to see all the stuff i missed, but I needed to read up on them just to figure out what happened in the DROW city, and that i REALLY didn't like. Took me a full day or so to redo the quests to get back up to speed, was a major bummer, but hey, we all had one less drow city, with no drow in it LOL I killed all of them. The city was MINE! course, i couldn't get out of it.