Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 11:40 PM   #21
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Spring this year apparently has decided to skip us in Virginia...Two weeks now of cold temps, from 30sF to 50sF, which is SO wrong for April! Normally it's 60-80! And this weekend we get a storm with rain and high winds and more cold temps, weehoo! woohoo!

Seriously it's definitely a different spring this year than the norm with this lengthy cold period. It sucks because when it is over it will probably zoom up to 80 and we will be complaining how hot it is cause we aren't used to those temps yet LOL!

Hey Firestormalpha~!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 AM   #22
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Know the feeling ladyz, it's been sunny and boiling over here, and usually april brings...rain :|
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Week 3... another 4-1/4 pounds. That's 16-1/2 over the past three weeks... with Easter, Alaina's birthday dinner, and her pizza birthday party last night [img]smile.gif[/img]

Should be slowing down somewhere soon, but until it happens, I'll keep taking it

I've discovered that boca burgers are not the crappy attempts at a veggie burger that I remember from several years ago... in fact, with enough other stuff on them, they're pretty good (and pretty cheap!)

On the other side, last week's snowstorm (where I shoveled 6" off the driveway because I didn't want to bring the snowblower out of hibernation) is almost gone... so there's hope, LadyZ [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll send it your way.

And the Wings dealt with the Flames rather nicely Thursday night... now, to see what happens tomorrow afternoon.

GO WINGS!!!

-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
Ladyzekke

Congrats Bungleau on the weight loss! I hope you can keep it going and don't stop at a plateau. They say exercising, and switching exercises up, to keep your body surprised, helps re that. Dunno if it's true or not though LOL.

Tomorrow that big ass storm should be hitting us, I hope it isn't as bad as they say. Lots of high winds which may knock out the electricity is the biggest thing I worry about. We may get flooding if it really pours too.

Cloudy, thinking about you also cause this storm is headed your way, and since it's colder up north, they predict a foot of snow in upstate NY! That is SO unacceptable for spring, wtf LOL? Please go to the store and stock up and prepare in case it really gets bad, although I'm thinking and hoping that no matter how bad it gets re snow for any of us, it will all melt away pretty quickly cause...you know, it's APRIL LOL!

We shall see I guess! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh yes, we're expecting a Nor'easter! And in APRIL that's a rare thing or has been. We had about 2 ft of snow this time of year several years ago but that wasn't normal then, either!

Weather channel is saying we're to get the high winds too. Take care if the power goes out, LadyZ! I don't have too many spare batteries for our flashlights so hopefully ours will stay on.

Great news on the weightloss, Bugleau. I need incentive.. keep telling me how well you're doing!

Right now we're working on fixing up and de-cluttering my computer room. Finally got the new desk I needed to make a little more space. Hubby's getting the old one which has some very deep drawers. I used to fill 'em and forget what was in them! LOL Hopefully the new one, which has smaller spaces will be harder to clutter up.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ack! We've had rain, snow and now sleet since early this morning! It's freezing in here, too!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #27
Ladyzekke

We had a lot of rain, just straight downpours for hours! It slowly stopped thankfully by early evening, and now it's the big giant wind gusts, which apparently will continue throughout tomorrow, fun! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been I guess, hopefully you can say the same Amber? The 5-day forecast looks like things slowly improve temp-wise, and maybe, MAYBE, we'll get spring again by next weekend. It's gotta happen eventually, it's almost May for goodness sake! Hopefully we won't skip spring now and jump straight to summer temps, which happens a lot here. I hate when that happens cause there is no getting used to the temps and even 80 would feel hot right now. Rooting and wishful thinking for a few weeks of the 70s LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img]

This weekend went by too fast. Blah tomorrow's Monday already...Ah well. Wishing everyone a good evening. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's cold and it's VERY windy and I'm going to snuggle down in a comforter now LOL. Brrrr!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wendy, the wind picked up alot here and the sleet was not so pleasant but our weathermen are saying same thing.. gradually getting warmer by the end of the week.

Tomorrow's supposed to still be blustery and rainy but hopefully that's going to knock all the snow off the roads! Man, I SO AGREE, this weekend went by WAY too fast for me! I need a few more days, just to feel like I saw a weekend at all!

Hope you all have a good one tomorrow, I'll pop by if I get time but not sure I will from work...too dang many projects going on!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #29
Ladyzekke

Man the winds are gusting 50-60mph today! What's worse is it will continue apparently until tomorrow morning! Lots of trees and power lines down. I think I'm gonna leave early from work so I don't have to deal with the rush hour. On my way in I saw many traffic lights out, and I'm quite sure they will still be out when I go home (nobody's gonna dare send out some poor guy in a bucket truck to fix them in these winds!). We also lost a Fairfax Firefighter today because of a house fire that was excellerated because of the wind. FFX Firefighters haven't lost a man in 40 years.

Be glad when it's tomorrow afternoon and the weather is normal again!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #30
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Sad

Hey everyone, haven't stopped in for awhile. Been a pretty crazy few months - just taking the opportunity in between studying for my finals to drop by. Hope everyone's doing well.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote