Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2001, 04:35 AM   #1
mitsos

Have you ever had one? This feeling that you've done smt before even if you haven't? I get it thousands of times and I'm starting wondering if it's only my vivid imagination or it's smt else. What do you think?

Old 10-21-2001, 05:03 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by mitsos:
Have you ever had one? This feeling that you've done smt before even if you haven't? I get it thousands of times and I'm starting wondering if it's only my vivid imagination or it's smt else. What do you think?
got that feeling too, I dont pay attention to it. it is not like something I can explain
Old 10-21-2001, 05:31 AM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by mitsos:
Als get it rather often - sometimes VERY strong, sometimes hardly noticeable. Always something very small - like a person saying something in a certain way, or me thinking something while doing a certain thing...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-21-2001, 06:11 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

You mean its not only me that gets this?
It sort of ties in with my belief that most human species are latent psychics and unconsciously use their minds like that sometimes. We have the potential to be more than we are
But then again thats whats called evolution

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:10 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I rarely feel Deja-Vu, but when I do, it's strong enough to just make me stop what I'm doing and stare blankly into space for a few seconds.

And when I feel it, it's never over small things, it's always the ENTIRE scene before me that feels like it fits exactly.

As for Deja-Vu being latent psychic premonitions, I am inclined to disagree as I do not believe in either Fate or Destiny, but there must be some futures which are more likely than others, and maybe our minds are capable of sometimes showing us the most likely one.

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 07:14 AM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

I have it every once in a while. I see something and I think I remember seeing it in completely the same way. Either I'm doingsome subconsious time travelling or someone/something is ajusting the Matrix

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-21-2001, 07:15 AM   #7
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

With me it's kind of the whole scene, but it's the small things that set it off.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:23 AM   #8
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
With me it's kind of the whole scene, but it's the small things that set it off.
Same with me. I remember remembering how someone on a bike passed in front of our house while I was returning from the bus stop. Everything was exactly the same as I thought I've seen before, though I always tell myself that's impossible, let alone that I remember such a normal scene so well.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-21-2001, 09:22 AM   #9
Byronas

Yeah, I had one.
Although I don't want to tell further details!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-21-2001, 06:59 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Haven't experienced deja vu very many times in my life, but when I did it was usually wherein I had dreamt something, and then later something happened either similar or exactly as the dream, e.g., deja vu, albeit of a different sort.

------------------