Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 10:19 PM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just bumpin for ya.. ill tell ED (earthdog) when he also comes online when i see him that you posted. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 03-13-2003, 10:23 PM   #12
Blade
Emerald Dragon

well i generally delete everyting, so long as its not needed for some other program, they generally tell you when you install the program if spyware is needed or not. For example the pro version of divix needs addware, so i have heard does kazza.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:45 AM   #13
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Win2K eh?

Is this your's or the Boss'?

Win2K is very delicate in the admin world.
Do you have administrator rights?

If so,
Start
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer Management

Now you can hunt around and find out what the OS is wanting to do at shut down, start-up etc..
If you are set to scan disk at shut down, and your P/S is non holding, then you are lossing power during your scan disk. Therfore, OS does it at start-up.

I must ask though. Why would you shut down a machine that runs Win2K?

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #14
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Its pretty bad, but Ive seen worse. Slicer, if you downloaded version 6.0 of Ad Aware, theres a button you can click that will download the latest definitions.

Sorry but I should have told you all this before, but in a way it might have been a waste of time if you didnt download the proggie.

(Side note removing the elements found may cause some programs to cease functioning properly. Side side note: Do you really want programs that contain spyware? I know I dont )

Delete all the crap that was found, then do the following:

On the Status tab, click Check for Updates. This will get the latest definitions. Once youve added the latest, we'll get to the deeper parts of the proggie.

On the left side, click the Scan Now button. Now, in the center click Customise. Click the Scanning button. Make sure that EVERY place you can have a green checkmark---has one.
This is a deeper scan than the Default scan. I ran the default scan the first time and came up with about 29 objects total. I did the deeper scan 5 minutes later and came up with 2 more folders, 2 files, ect.

Click the Advanced button, putting in green checkmarks where possible.

You should now be able to do a more complete scan. Delete any more crap that was found.

Two more good programs to have: Window Washer and Norton Utilities. These will help delete spyware, cookies (some cookies are spyware) and help keep your registry clean and healthy (especially Norton.)

Hope that helps. Once again, if it doesnt, let me know and Ill see what else we can do.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:35 AM   #15
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Bumpazoid for Slicer. Still having problems?