Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 08:01 PM   #11
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

This one's easy... MARRIAGE! ... not that I'm bitter or anything...
Old 05-18-2002, 09:02 PM   #12
lroyo

I have had a couple of operations that hurt a bit. Firstly I have metal in my arm now after a bad break, and I've had my sinuses operated on. But nothing can come close to comparing to the pain I had after my first toe operation. I had badly ingrown toenails on my big toes. They decided the only way to really fix it was to cut away about a fifth of my toes off the innerside. I thought, OK, I guess it won't hurt anymore because it won't be there.

The agony!!! I couldn't sleep for days and painkillers did nothing to ease the pain. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Old 05-18-2002, 09:11 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by IdiotRogue:
lol dude, are you sure you're not bitter ?
Old 05-18-2002, 09:14 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
I have had a couple of operations that hurt a bit. Firstly I have metal in my arm now after a bad break, and I've had my sinuses operated on. But nothing can come close to comparing to the pain I had after my first toe operation. I had badly ingrown toenails on my big toes. They decided the only way to really fix it was to cut away about a fifth of my toes off the innerside. I thought, OK, I guess it won't hurt anymore because it won't be there.

The agony!!! I couldn't sleep for days and painkillers did nothing to ease the pain. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.
do you have problems on airports with that metal thing ?
Old 05-18-2002, 09:19 PM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:

do you have problems on airports with that metal thing ?[/QUOTE]Strangely enough Johnny, that's exactly what I wondered. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think the same about people who have piercings in interesting places - I mean just what do you tell airport security? Or do they get the full latex glove treatment?
Old 05-18-2002, 09:21 PM   #16
lroyo

No Johnny, it's totally encapsulated within my bone, and I don't think it would set them off anyway.
There are some particular shops that when I walk in and out of them, I set off the alarm (you know the one you walk through). I don't know if that my arm, or something else about me that does that (I guess it could be the enormous sword that I'm carrying!)

And before anyone asks, I cannot stick magnets to my arm, either! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2002, 09:33 PM   #17
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Was roller scating in year 4... fell over onto the floor of the roller rink. That hurt. Alot.
I fractured my wrist then too... havent touched a pair of rollerscates/blades since...
Old 05-18-2002, 09:35 PM   #18
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by IdiotRogue:
So marriage was/is PHYSICALLY painful for you? That ain't good...

Mine; well I once poured a full can of boiling water over my leg, when I was only wearing shorts. The front part of my leg from knee to ankle was second degree burned with a few spots that were third degree burned. Man that really hurt, I am not going to do that again
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-18-2002, 09:37 PM   #19
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mine would have to be related to the lower spinal injury.

After the first 3 days, I decided not to take any more painkillers so that I would not get addicted to them. For more than 2 weeks after that, I felt stinging sharp pains shooting from the injured spot every 5-10 mins and remember perspiring from struggling against them; woke up several times in the night because of that, too. And each time I wanted to get out of bed, I had to lift my body upward with my arms, and fumble my way sideways like a crab. At times, I thought I would just faint from the agony.

[ 05-18-2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-18-2002, 09:43 PM   #20
MagiK

Mine was a "spinal headache" much like Neb described. I was to have an "air contrast" CT scan, the intern was doing his first lumbar puncture while the resident was around my front side talking to me...when the intern said "oops!" I got a little worried...heh....well they did put air in my spinal fluid and did the CT scan, then gaveme two asprin and sent me on my way...the pain was excruciating but I gutted it out till I got back to the barracks....then had to litterally crawl nearly 1/4 mile on the side walk to the ER and beg for help, I was then treated to the joys and wonders of demerol...and I will always worship the Lady Doctor who gave me the shot then reamed the Doctor who sent me home where all could hear.

Edit: I should explain, by injecting air into your spinal column you let spinal fluid out...doing this lowers the level of fluid in your spinal column and the level of the fluid your brain basicly floats in.....with too little fluid your brain settles to the bottom of your skull and does nasty things to nerves and stuff...even though your brain doesnt have pain receptors.

[ 05-18-2002, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]