Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-09-2001, 07:38 PM   #1
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need help guys.
ToB freezes up and the game just shuts down on me when I try to enter the second level of Watchers Keep.
Ive done everything right when it comes to the game, and I dont think it has anything to do with that.
Any advice on what to do or what the problem might be?

-boomshay
Boomshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 07:45 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Err thats a touchy subject. maybe save your game in another file and unistall and reinstall ToB. I'm not a real technical guy so thats the best I have. Sorry!
Old 11-09-2001, 08:22 PM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

I have a similar problem. I just finished the 2nd challenge in the planar pocket and want to return to try out Watchers Keep. I go to the "exit" and the game just quits on me, bringing me back to the desktop as if I was never playing. It just started doing this - no problems up until now.
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 08:37 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

sometimes my game just shuts off for no reason at random points. I'll just be walking along and it will just exit, like i was never playing it. It doesn't do this at any one specific point, but if ive been playing for awhile i know i need to save, because it will exit out of itself. Its really weird. It doesnt make the game unplayable, and I havent really tried to correct it. I thought it was just my computer or something. I know ive had to play a few parts over again a few times, because i didnt save and it shut itself down. STUPID COMPUTER!!!!
Old 11-10-2001, 12:03 PM   #5
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah Im wondering if theres a patch for ToB that would fix these freeze-ups.
I know the patch for SoA fixed most of my tech probs with that pre ToB.
Any more advice?
Old 11-12-2001, 12:51 PM   #6
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive deleted and reinstalled BG2 and ToB and I still have the same problem. I figure i must have a corrupt file on one of my cds? Anyone know how to figure out which one and how to fix it.
Thanks
Boom
Old 11-12-2001, 02:49 PM   #7
Lucre
Elminster

Try and uninstall both then put on SoA and install that patch then install ToB and install that patch. You never know it might work...
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote