Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #11
Jonas Strider
Manshoon

its not artistic but i do kickboxing on my standing punching bag. no rank. and yes i like it especially doing the roundhouse and jumping kick.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #12
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm the ultimate drunken master. I copied the style of the cow from Kung Pow-Enter The Fist, even the mooing. Everyone's afraid of me when i use that style. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Me especially, I never know who you're gonna hit when you swing your fists, damnit!

I started taekwondo some time ago, but I didn't get very far before I had to drop it in order to concentrate on my schoolistic abilities. I failed in that regard, actually. maybe I should go back to the martial arts lessons?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #13
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ok, I'll come clean. I dunno about the whole "art" thing, I think one would have to be "good" to go with that. Anyways, studied Shao-Lin Do for 6 years, in a class, been training in that outside of the class for the last three years. Then, about a year ago I picked up Kichido Hekajitsu (sp?), which is actually much of the akido and akijitsu. Still attend that class, when I can, and add that to my training. Picked up some bits and pieces of other styles, because I'm incredibly lucky to have very experienced, and very good instructors. Uh, I think that's about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Oh, and I dont do any underwater basket weaving, that was a lie....

[ 09-30-2004, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 09-30-2004, 05:04 PM   #14
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Oh, and I'm going to start attending Team Quest Fight Club at http://www.tqfc.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

Its about a 30 minute drive from here, so I think it would be worth it.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 09-30-2004, 07:24 PM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Started Tae Kwan Do when I was 10 year old. Got a black belt few years later.

Since my foot injury from football few years back. I've been practising Tai Chi Quan. Sometimes I also practise Kendo with my Nihonto.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #16
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ten years of Shotokan, here. In two different segments, and there was a largish gap in between - I started at the beginning again with a new club. Got up to brown belt before I had to stop a couple years ago due to injuries and time constraints.

I loved it, and I will pick up with my old club or in a different style (thinking of judo or aikido, something a little softer) as soon as time and health permit.

[ 09-30-2004, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 09-30-2004, 10:51 PM   #17
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Got to Green Stripe in Tae Kwon Doe before I quit. Almost won a medal, too, at some championship thing when I was at Yellow Belt.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:16 PM   #18
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I'm an Uki for my children 22 years in various styles, most recent Taizan Ryu Jui Jitsu, been studying for 7 years now. Before that Tsien Chuan (Mang Chuan) Kung Fu. I been hooked on the Martial Arts since I saw my first "Rice Connection" i.e. Kung Fu theater at the age of 6 [img]smile.gif[/img] Was able to get into Karate a few years later.

But for the past 4 years, I been studying couch surfing with the family. A few more before my children can join me if they want to.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:03 PM   #19
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Green belt in San Ken Ryu (three fisted style) karate.

It's called that because it's a combination of Shotokan, Goju, and Shorin Ryu. Interestingly enough, "shorin" is how the Japanese pronounced "shaolin," so I'm learning some Kung Fu too!

www.sankenryu.com
Old 10-04-2004, 05:55 PM   #20
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Elif, is the English translation of Tsien Chuan, "Five Harmony Fist?" I've heard a bit about it, and am interested. Also, I enjoy the couch surfing "style," as well! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]