Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-07-2005, 03:16 AM   #1
Riftmaker
Elminster

Okay, I've been playing Morrowind for a while, and I've come up with a few questions to ask.

1) How do you make custom weapons from the materials you find around? I've found a lot of glass and ebony lying around, and I'd like to add to my current aresenal.

2) I'm in Nemabhaz or something like that. The dungeon with all the centurion stuff that houses that wounded Daedra that you get sent to hunt in the first quest from the Fighter's Guild in Sadrith Mora. What do I do with all the cogs?
Is the scrap metal worth anything?

3) Where can I find a merchant that actually as enough money to afford my excess glass equipment? The most money that a merchant has actually had is like 2000 gp. The glass sword I have is like 16000.

4) Where can I find Ebony equipment? I have a Helm, Longsword and Curiass right now, but I want more. Do I have to have it made, or is there somewhere I can find / buy it?

I think that's all for now.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:59 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

1. If you have the expansion Tribunal installed you can custom make your items at Mournhold. Otherwise I don't think you can make you own items.

2. None, just leave them where you find them. Oh, it's illegal to carry those cogs.

3. Go to Caldera at Gnorak manor to find the Cripper ( A scamp ) . He got 5000 gold and will buy your item at cost price. To sell an item worth 10000 gold you need sell him something cheap first eg, 5000 gold. Wait for 24 hours for Cripper to replenish his suppy of gold. Then buy that item you sold him on the first day. Now he got 10000 gold. With this you can then sell him your item that worth 10000 gold. Do this for every item you want to sell to him. This call barter system.

4. In Suran Armour shop there's a ebony armour there. To get the full set go to Drucashti. Somewhere north of maar gan and west of urshilaku camp.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:13 AM   #3
Riftmaker
Elminster

All right, so the materials are useless, fair enough.

Why is it illegal to carry the cogs?

Thanks for the tip on the Ebony. Is Daedra armour / weapons better? If so, where can I find those? When enchanting weapons, am I only allowed to use spells I currently know?

I'm obviously going to want to enchant all my stuff. What's the best way to accomplish this?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

To know why you can't just simply carrying any cogs. You need to learn the history of Elder Scroll. Let's just say that the cogs were made by a race. And that race have created many powerful artifact. The emperor is afraid that someone could use any item that this race has made to challenge the Imperial Empire.

Deadric Items is better than Ebony Items. And also heavier than Ebony Items. All in all. Daedric armour is the best heavy armour in the game.

First go buy any spell from a spell seller. Then go buy a soul gem ( preferbably a grand soul gem ). Next go buy a soul trap spell. Go out in the wilderness and attack a monster. Before attacking it first cast soul trap at the monster. You MUST kill the monster as fast as possible before the spell duration runs out. If you are successful there's this little box saying you've trap a soul. Next go pay an enchanter to enchant stuff for you.Choose what spell effect you want on your item. This is better as you'll always succeed in enchanting your items.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:33 AM   #5
Riftmaker
Elminster

Hmmmm, so all those soul gems I found and sold to the mage's guild were actually useful...okay.

What spell effects can I get for trapped souls? Can I still only use spells I currenly have?

What do these soul gems actually do anyway?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:50 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

To clarify...

Spell effect depends on whether you already have the spell or not. For example if you already have a fire damage spell. Then you can create a fire damage enchantment in your item. If you do not have that spell in the first place. then you cannot have that enchantment.

Soul gem is a tool to trap souls for enchantment purpose. Like a cup is a tool to hold water for drinking purpose.

Different monster got different soul value. The tougher the monster the higher the value of it's soul and thus the stronger enchantment you can make. For example a mere rat can probably gives you the weakest of enchanment like fire damage 1 - 5 points. But a golden saint can give you fire damage 100 - 100 points

Now soul gem themselves have different type. Common soul gem ( the white type ) are weak and can't hold the souls of stronger monster. Grand Soul Gem ( the round yellow ) can hold souls of strongest monster.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:55 AM   #7
Riftmaker
Elminster

So like, if I go hunt Atronachs, what would that give me?

Or Dramaera lords?

I've only ever found 1 Golden Saint. I assume I find those in Daedra ruins.

Okay, so before enchanting stuff I should go on a soul gathering mission. I assume there's a table somewhere that will tell me what souls give what stuff?

I assume it's possible to enchant an item with multiple effects.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:16 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Monster appearance depend on your level. The higher level you are the stronger monster you'll meet. Just hunt golden saint. They should appear in grassland ( east of vvyanderfell ) when your are lv25++ ( I think ).

This site got some pretty good enchanting tips. plus it got table as well.
http://www.uesp.net/morrow/hints/mwenchant.shtml
Old 01-07-2005, 05:44 AM   #9
Riftmaker
Elminster

I've been doing some reading and finding out that enchanting requires a LOT of Intelligence and Enchant skill. Of which I have neither. I would guess that means that enchanting stuff myself is a lost cause.

So, can I get some mage guild groupie to do it for me, and pay them lots and lots of gold?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:05 AM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Yes, every mage guild has an enchanter, who will enchant for an exorbitant fee. 60K for the kind of enchantments I like. Constant Effect Restore Health 4-4 on self. Gotta love it.