Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 02:25 PM   #31
elias_bland

Have any of you guys done the planar sphere quest? Maybe I'm just being totally dense in my approach to the battle but the fight against the demons at the end of this quest is the toughest thing I've come up against. (Any pointers appreciated).
Have fun,
EB

Old 11-20-2000, 03:15 PM   #32
Archmagi Wah

The toughest battle in my earlier days was in that bloody beholder cult place. You know that bit where you had to get the second rift part in the beholder's lair, past those mummies and ghouls.

Well I was happily walking along that horrible flesh-wall dungeon (having just killed a Gauth), when a group of bloody blind priests stopped me, held me and killed me!!!
I mean, how on earth did they see me in the first place!!!

It took me 5 reloads to get them all dead and that was all thanks to some aerial servants that took most of the spells and whacked about 30 - 40 damage each time.

Thank God that's was over.

Old 11-20-2000, 03:17 PM   #33
Bane

Ok, my toughest battle had to be the last one (in the 9 hells). Durring the last fight with Irenicus, most of my characters died. When we were telleported into hell, they were resurected but they had none of their gear. It was hard to go through the final fight of the game with essentually naked characters.

Old 11-20-2000, 03:18 PM   #34
Archmagi Wah

The toughest battle in my earlier days was in that bloody beholder cult place. You know that bit where you had to get the second rift part in the beholder's lair, past those mummies and ghouls.

Well I was happily walking along that horrible flesh-wall dungeon (having just killed a Gauth), when a group of bloody blind priests stopped me, held me and killed me!!!
I mean, how on earth did they see me in the first place!!!

It took me 5 reloads to get them all dead and that was all thanks to some aerial servants that took most of the spells and whacked about 30 - 40 damage each time.

Thank God that's was over.

Old 11-20-2000, 05:19 PM   #35
winglesfiend

What was your easiest battle?Mine was with the pet of irenicus (his big dragon at the elvencity)I let nalia and imoen cast finger of death on him and he collapsed!

Old 11-22-2000, 01:36 AM   #36
GideonRaine

Well to date, im just finishing up some quests before i hit spellhold, im redoing the early parts of the game after having a tough time with my initial party, so i made a new party and started over, no NPC's, screw that crap
Anyways, the toughest battle i have completed so far was the elemental lich, took me like 5 reload, i just kept hitting him with pierce magic and breach to keep his defenses down and then i jsut wailed on him with my kickass goons (half orc fighter/cleric 19 str, human fighter/cleric 18/00 str) in fact the weakest member of my party has like an 18/56 str or something, anyways, the toughest battle im on now is in the sewers with those damn mind flayers and illithids, those guys annhilate me. lil help??

the most ive done so far is litter the room with cloudkill and take off while some of em take some damage from that and the umberhulks die, then i get a few of the flayers killed by wailing on em but i still get killed, no matter what i do (

Old 11-22-2000, 09:43 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Best thing to do is to just persevere with the cloudkill tactic to get rid of the umber hulks and hopefully some of the flayers. If there's a door try and slam the door shut when you cloudkill the room so they don't go chasing after you. If you can repeat this over and over you can kill them (kinda cheesy but if you're desperate...)
Then use some summoned fodder as a buffer to prevent the flayers from engaging you in melee and try and pick them off with ranged weapons. If you have to close with them, make sure your guys are buffed up with haste etc because you need to kill them quickly - usually you will die in between three to four hits because they drain 4 pts of intelligence each time they hit.