Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-12-2001, 05:55 PM   #1
Newearth Hunter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What can i say Icewind Dale is such a beautiful game,this is the first Black Isle title that i have got into. Tell me about your character stats what is your highest level.
Newearth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 06:38 PM   #2
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the board Newearth Hunter!,
Icewind Dale is an excellant game! My characters are in the mid 20'th
levels and I am currently playing the Lure Master add on.Also excellant!
have played through HoW to. As you progress the game gets really fun and
getting to the high levels is a Blast! I hope you enjoy it I know I have.
The stats on my players are all altered due to magical equipment,and
tomes wich permanantly raise stats wich you will find later in the games.
My party is well rounded with a Palidin,Cleric,M/U,Fighter/Thief,Druid,and
a straight Fighter.

------------------
Gwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:20 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi NewEarth, yep its a great game with great artwork. My party is currently mostly 14th level in the Trails of the Luremaster download, which is excellent. I'm running 3 fighters, one dual class thief6/cleric14, one druid, one mage. Should you need help dont hesitate to ask, many helpful people here
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 11:42 AM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

IWD is pretty cool. some people play with 6 characters, some play with only one. for your initial party, i'd advise creating 4 or 5 members so your party will advance at a decent rate and so you don't have TOO many guys to manage, heal, ressurect, etc. You can always add a new character later in the game if you feel you are lacking in some area. If you have the HoW expansion, your max level will be 30!
Personally, i'm a multiclass junkie and i think some of the best multi-classes are the Gnomish Cleric/illusionist and the half-elvin Cleric/Ranger. IWD is really a cleric's game, so make sure you got at least one or two in the party to make things easy on yourself. Another good multi-class is the fighter thief, he scouts he kills, he hides in the shadows and knows how to use a short sword like he means it.
If you have Heart of Winter installed, then the Bard class is really powerfull as well. As a fighter, he needs a crossbow. As a Mage, he needs cool summon spells and anything that gets more powerfull with the level of the caster (bards shoot up in levels) and as a Bard, well they get a bunch of songs to choose from.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:19 PM   #5
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

I play a solo Paladin in Icewind Dale. I've removed the experience cap, and by the end of Icewind Dale got to level 34 . Still don't have HoW.

Welcome to the forums BTW.

[This message has been edited by FallenPaladin (edited 07-14-2001).]
FallenPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 09:22 PM   #6
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome, Newearth Hunter!!!

"Well Met!"

------------------

DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 01:51 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Howdy Newearth Hunter!

Icewind Dale is a great game! I've played through in single game and multiplay and loved it both times. Am just starting HoW in single play and will also play it in multiplay a bit later this year.

Single play game: Paladin, Ranger, Fighter/Cleric (multiclass), Thief, Bard, Mage and they range from level 10 to 14 as I start HoW.

Multiplay game: only using four pc's here so we are higher levels all around levels 14 or so. Cleric, Bard, Fighter/Mage and Thief

OH.. and please stop by this thread! http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001130.html

Cloudbringer

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 05:45 AM   #8
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

How does that experience cap remover work? Does it continue with normal spell, weapon prof and saving throw progression to infinity levels or something? Or is it more like lower THACO and more HP? I wonder how well it patches into this game?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 08:15 AM   #9
Newearth Hunter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by FallenPaladin:
I play a solo Paladin in Icewind Dale. I've removed the experience cap, and by the end of Icewind Dale got to level 34 . Still don't have HoW.

Old 07-15-2001, 08:20 AM   #10
Newearth Hunter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by FallenPaladin:

Hi FallenPaladin thanks for your message, i have only started Icewind Dale and like yourself i still dont have a copy of HoW.
Newearth Hunter.