Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-14-2004, 04:24 AM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi again,

here in bonn it is 10 h in the morning nice weather and i have not to go to work. life is fine so far.
i have some problems though concerning the role changing. thanks for the informations, very useful. my problem is that i get the quest items, f.x. the samurai baton and nobody wants to have it. same is the case with that priest quest skull and spider egg. i got both and returned to the temple but got no reactions. i remember when i i had to get the letter from valeia to town hall in ishad nanana it was quite different. he took the scroll and in my diary i read in scarlett letters "quest done" or simmilar.
another question:
is it important to get the quest before finding the quest item or fulfilling the quest requirements? i have moved dowm the drawbridge and learned later that this was a ninja quest. is it worthless now and do i have to lower the bridge with every char?
i read in my informationbooklet that whenever you change a role you cannot use the high level spells obtained in different magic schools. does this mean, it my mage will become a warlord and gets new magic possibilities, he cannot cast incinerate or so?
where can i get really good weapons or other stuff, rings amuletts and likewise?
how far do you come with your level, when you finish the game? my chars are now about level 11 and i am just curious.
have a nice sunday
gretting mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

What you are mentioning there are the samurai and warlock ascension quests. They are not ordinary guild quests. To finish the quest the active character must be the one who has undertaken the quest and he or she must be carrying the items in question. Furthermore the quest must still be active. I.e. you must not have cancelled the quest later. Also you must deliver the item(s) in the requested guild. You can train to become a samurai in the warrior and wizard guilds but you must still deliver the baton in the bushi dojo.

If you have lowered the drawbridge you can just go back inside once you have undertaken the quest and get the acknowledgements.

Any spell learned can still be used. You will, however, have difficulties learning spells in different magic schools in which you may have a few spells, but which is not native to your role. In a non-native school you can only learn spells at half your current level. For example: a bard with level 12 fiend magic can only learn up to level 6 fiend spells since only moon magic is native to a bard. The warlock can learn every magic school.

[ 03-14-2004, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 03-14-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bsftcs has the right answers for you. You must deliver the items back to the correct guild, and that character must have them in inventory. If someone else has them, it doesn't count.

The samurai quest is a little tricky because IIRC, only one samurai spawns at a time. So you only get one baton, and only one character can become a samurai. Do that quest sequentially (and here's where the moon magic travel spels com in handy), and everyone who needs it can get it.

The other quest like this is the bard quest. There's only one book of trickery at a time.

As for finishing the game, there really are no level limits. I think Felix finished up witha level 200 assassin, and it's entirely reasonable to be level 50 in your final class. I usually change classes by the time I get to level 13 or so... the same XP that will take you to level 14 will take you to level 9 in a new class (or thereabouts).

As usual, there are no wrong answers -- everything will work fine, no matter how you do it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:11 AM   #4
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks bsftcs and bungleau,
seems i understand now a little better the thing with the level that can be reached.
still, my bard rudolphe has got a baton, has got the quest in the dojo and mr wu doesn´t take it.
same is with the diary and other quests.
may i ask, how you can climb up in level in the different guild?
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

You must complete certain tasks that guild leader(?) tells you to do...

Hmm...but you say he has the quest and doesn't give you the reward?
Are you playing patched..? If you aren't then you may be leaving before he has completed speaking?...Otherwise I leave you in the hands of better help...

[ 03-15-2004, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 03-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

A character can only ascend in guild level standing in a guild which he or she is member of.

To become member of a guild in which you are not normally eligible for membership you must perform the guild-hopping trick. That is you must start training to become a role for which membership is possible in the guild of which you want to become a member. Then pay the entrance fee there and go back to the other guild and cancel your training. For example: You are a ranger who wants to become member of the Bushi Dojo, but the role of ranger does not allow that. You then go to the warrior guild and start samurai training. Then you go to the dojo where you cen now become member. Once you have joined the dojo you go back to the warrior guild and click the samurai training icon to terminate your samurai training. You are now a bushi dojo member and a ranger. This trick works in both the patched and the unpatched versions of the game.

To increase guild level standing fast you can exploit the multiple ascension bug. This bug ONLY works in the unpatched game. Once you are about to complete a quest you enter the guild in question and start switching the role of lead character between the character whose guild level you want to raise and another character in the party. You switch them by clicking on their icons and you must do it fast before the guildmaster ends his speech. You must then wait until he finishes all of the speeches he has begun. He will repeat the same sentence many times after each other but you must let him finish although it can take quite a bit. Once he is done the character will have raised his guild standing by as many times as he has been the lead character.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'd add only two things to bsftcs' response.

First, you don't have to go back to the warrior guild to cancel the quest. You can do that in the new guild (so you don't have to listen to the "go do your promotion quest" speech again).

Second, you cannot increase your guild level past seven. So if you're unpatched, that's the maximum number of times to go through the effort.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote