Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I just now came across this and found it an interesting read. I also owe Purple an apology because this report proves that Opera is the best browser available, something that he tried to tell me in an earlier thread. However, this report at least proves that Firefox is not all that its cracked up to be and that in some cases, Explorer is better. This has made me more interested in looking at Opera at least.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Suppor...efoxMyths.html
Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I've been using Opera for a few months now. It doesn't take long to adapt, but I still miss some of the features from Firefox(namely, the quickbar and the security, because Opera won't display it's passwords, ever). Opera is a very very smooth ride.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

interesting thanks for the heads up

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Ahh Larry, you were adamant in your post and clear with what you were conveying to receive information on. No need to feel apologetic, just informed, and at that time IIRC this article was not available for release and review.

Some folks enjoy Opera, others hate it, again personal preference. However, Opera which is native code, is 'NOT' native on Linux. So, therefore, to 'us' it's just like that browser from Redmond!

Someday you ought to try the fox running native, you may not 'want' to switch back.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

What's great about Firefox is all the plugins you can get for it. I've been wanting to try Opera, but I simply cannot live without all my plugins and scripts.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
What's great about Firefox is all the plugins you can get for it. I've been wanting to try Opera, but I simply cannot live without all my plugins and scripts.
You should read that page and look around
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

i used opera for a LONG time and loved it. but, i started playing around with firefox and it's now my current favorite.

i'm just happy there's more than one choice for browsing. [img]smile.gif[/img] and they all work well and customize up nicely, too.

V***V
Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
You should read that page and look around
What? You're telling me Opera has inventory sorters for all the web based games I play? Does it has skills analyzers, speech filters, people sorters? Can it reorganize web page's layouts etc? I don't think so.

There will never be these extensions on other browsers, because the people that build them use Firefox. It's the browser of choice for web games and open source stuff. Some web games I play are even made just for Firefox and you need it to get to use all their features.

[ 05-09-2007, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]