Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-11-2002, 05:32 AM   #1
witsend
Welcomed New User

Hi
have tried all the sugestions for beating glaciouse in de arnes keep,but nothing works i have tried the domination spell and he just wont speak to me,have tried to kill him off but he just wont die and kills of my party instead,is it nessasary to beat him to finnish the game? its driving me mad not being able to get any futher forward, any sugestions would be very welcome
Witsend
witsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:59 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

Well, 2 things you can do to make it real easy:
1. Indeed dominate him, now you say he doesnt talk to you , that's correct [img]smile.gif[/img] First you have to wait, for the domination-spell to wear off, this might take a minute (real time), maybe more depending on the caster's level . If he IS dominated, and you dont attack him, just wait it out ... he'll respond eventually

2. To kill glacias is actually pretty easy, using summons.
Two types of summons work best: The summon woodland beings, a druid-spell, this summons a nymph, get about thee of 'em.. and DO NOT command them !!! Let them do their own thing, which is casting hold person/monster a LOT of times. This 'll hold him down until he's dead [img]smile.gif[/img]

Another good summon is any elemental, even lesser-ones. Glacias' weapon isnt enchanted, so it wont be able to hurt the elemental.
(i prefer earth for glacias, dunno why).
I think there's a scroll to be found in D'arnise keep, if you dont yet have the spell.

But anyway, if you can indeed charm him (im not sure if dominating is the same as charming, you have to charm him i believe) try that, since it gives you more XP.
Two good charm-rings:
-ring of human-influence
-earth-elemental ring (can be found in D'arnise keep)

Hope it helpz
Old 03-11-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

You have to Charm him, not Dominate. They ought to work the same, but they don't. It's a bug in the game I think. "Dispel Magic" also fails to work, even when cast by Keldorn or my high-level bard.

-- Nifft, annoyed at the designers
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 02:28 PM   #4
Wedin

quote:
Originally posted by witsend:
Hi
have tried all the sugestions for beating glaciouse in de arnes keep,but nothing works i have tried the domination spell and he just wont speak to me,have tried to kill him off but he just wont die and kills of my party instead,is it nessasary to beat him to finnish the game? its driving me mad not being able to get any futher forward, any sugestions would be very welcome
Witsend

I am not sure, but I think that in the original BG2 SoA, you can't charm/dominate him.Try to download the latest patch, or install Throne of Bhaal, and it will work
Old 03-11-2002, 03:20 PM   #5
Jim
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Wedin:

I am not sure, but I think that in the original BG2 SoA, you can't charm/dominate him.Try to download the latest patch, or install Throne of Bhaal, and it will work

I agree, you can't charm him with earlier versions. I tried charm person, charm person or mammal, dire charm and domination spells, and even when he failed his saves, he became hostile after the spell wore off. With a recent patch, it works as it should. By the way, to dispel the charm without letting him save against it, use the ring of earth control found on the statue on the ground floor, and use the charm earth elemental ability....
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote