Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2002, 07:09 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Okay, all you PS:T fans convinced me to go and get this game! From what I have read via your posts this is indeed a unique RPG. However, I could not find an individual boxed game anywhere (well it is 3 years old!), but Best Buy did have it in jewel pack along with SoulBringer for a whopping $10.00. That means no Manual whatsoever and this raises some questions for me:

1. Is there any online manuals or sites that you know of that can help
me understand the play and plot better, i.e., factions, quests, character purpose?

2. It seems that Intelligence and Wisdom are extremely important attributes. Any others that are critical to good gameplay?

3. It also seems that there is a need to remember many facts. Does this game overwhelm you with intricacy and, if so, how does one go about dealing with so much detail?

4. Does this game need to be patched? If so, are there still active patches out there that I can download?

Anything else that you can think of will be most welcomed! Thanks ahead of time.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 02:22 AM   #2
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

1. http://www.planetbg.com/torment/new/

2. Int and Wis are the two most important stats since they open up more conversation options (which is really important in this game) pump these up.

3. Try to pay attention during conversations, their usually important.

4. Not sure about that. But I played Torment unpatched (I think) and it ran fine.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 07:58 AM   #3
Lek Dukagjin
Dungeon Master

Only one word of advice - ENJOY! Especially its beautiful music.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

2: Charisma is also extremely important for alot of dialogue options

3: you have 4 separate journals, one for notes, one for quests, one for completed quests and one for entries you put in, take notes about things that sound important, or sometimes just plain wierd, it can give you a great insight when you need the info later, and be sure to switch between them often to make sure you don't miss anything.

4: there is a patch but I never got it and didn't have any problems with the game.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:05 PM   #5
Heatmiser
Dungeon Master

I got that same deal at BB!
I got 3/4 of the way through PS, then got distracted when I found Wizards & Warriors for $8! So I had to play that all the way through, then get back to PS.
There should be a manual on the disk in Adobe PDF format.
Enjoy!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Default Re: Just Got Planescape: Torment. Advice Please!

Thought i'd finish this old thread with what the OP wanted to know. Soulbringer is an isometric RPG released by Infogrammes (now owned by Atari). It si probably the opposite to Planescape Torment in one regard: Planescape is probably the best known RPG out there, Soulbringer is probably the least. Is has graphics similar to Myth in terms of the gameworld and sprites for characters. It has a good story, has deep RPG elements and very clever combat system and is a very hard game when you start with no armour or weapons to speak of. Almost the fist quest is to kill some bandits in town, and you will did 20 times doing that first quest!

So there you go: The least know pretty good PC cRPG out there! Released in 2000 with no gameplay, intro or review videos on You Tube, for example, to show how little known it is!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote